Ozone injection and carpet cleaning?

genesis

Hello,

I am new to this board. I am not a carpet cleaner but I do restoration and remodeling work. I do have a topic that I would like to find out more about. In our content cleaning with laundry I have seen some clothing done with ozone injected washing machines. Very impressed. Is there such a creature in the carpet cleaning field? I have seen online when trying to scratch my curiosity a porty that was ozone assisted. Has anyone seen or heard of it or have had any experience with o3 injection with carpet cleaning?

Thank you for your response,

Daniel White
Whitewater Restoration
Nixa, Mo 65714

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Here is some more info on O3 cleaning. http://www.triple-s.com/O3.htm

It looks like it may be a viable method. I've heard rumors but nothing concrete.

I could see this coming to market sooner for carpet: http://www.activeion.com

This technology is already being utilized for hard floor cleaning in autoscrubbers as well as a hand-held unit.

I've used it myself for spotting of various things on carpet with very good success.

John Watson

Dr Edgar P York tried to bring this type of cleaning into our relm about 20 yrs ago when he first moved back to the West coast. Had a small following but all in all went over like a lead balloon. I know a couple of guys that bought into it and they don't use it any more, Pat Kelly and Wayne Willey.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I still have a new model of the Ozone injection machines.

Got it from Steam Services, I believe.

Has some unique uses.

Larry

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I tested a unit years ago that attached into the pressure line. It killed odors extremely well. The problem was it had moisture crystals that turned blue every day ( sorry can't think of what they are called) and it gave you a sore throat. JUst not worth it. YOu were supposed to wear a badge which detected when you have had enough ozone. Kind of creepy if you ask me.

gene

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
John Watson said:
Dr Edgar P York tried to bring this type of cleaning into our relm about 20 yrs ago when he first moved back to the West coast. Had a small following but all in all went over like a lead balloon. I know a couple of guys that bought into it and they don't use it any more, Pat Kelly and Wayne Willey.

I used a unit that York had made which was a Cimex with a small ozone machine on it. Frankly, I couldn't tell a bit of difference.

Take care,
Lisa

John Watson

He had the 03 machine able to hook up to many different type of machines and TMs too.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just use a peroxide additive to my cleaning solutions.

genesis

Does anyone know if Dr. York is still around or if his ozone injectors are still being made?

John Watson

Sorry to say that Dr Egar P has passed a few years back.

Larry at Cobb Supply said he still has a new one

Larry Cobb said:
I still have a new model of the Ozone injection machines.

Got it from Steam Services, I believe.

Has some unique uses.

Larry

Steam Services is in Fresno, Didn't they change their name a year or two back???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Dr. Michael Berry (did indoor air quality testing, wrote the book on indoor environment and health, owned a carpet cleaning company, and most recently resigned from an industry organization that was substituting politics for science) said not to put much stock in trying to use ozone treated water to clean carpet. He said this at the CCINW convention in Idaho where Mr. York was selling the machines. Back in the 90s.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I used the ozne injected carpet cleaner sold by Ed York. There was no difference in the apeparance of the carpet in most cases, but Ed was sure that the sanitizing properties of ozone made the carpet made healthful and knocked out odors.

It did need to be used with room temperature water, because heat disappated the ozone too quickly (before it get from the ozone generator to the carpet). After several trials, I decided that the lack of heat was a bigger loss than any claimed but never proven benefit from the ozone.

Scott Warrington

BTW - Bob Astone is still around the industry. He even had a booth at Connections. I think he was operating Steam Services at the time they were making the ozone injected cleaner. It may have been his design.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom