Ozone??

Able 1

Name
Keith
I picked up some apts. this year and some of the apts have a curry odor... I looked through the search and some have used ozone for this odor, any thoughts? Would it be safe to use in a apt. complex if they have all there own air ducts and furnace?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
As long as the unit you're ozoning is not occupied, yes. If they are occupied you'll want to look into the Vaportek Vaporshark with an SOS cartridge.

Farenheit251

I use ozone quite often in the rentals I clean for cigarette,reefer and curry. Those Maxblasters looked good for the money but I never knew anyone who had one and I've known alot of people who had constant problems with their machines breaking.
The 3 brands I see often are Bridgepoint,Sonozaire and Totalzone. My distributor carried all three and now only sells Totalzone. He and several restorers said they were far superior in durability. I've used mine dozens of times with no problems.
I fpound the treatment times to need much longer than claimed. Bought a 2nd (both TZ2) and usually treat a 2000 ft home for 72 hrs.
Many people are loving the new Hydroxyl generators which work the same as ozone but are safe in occuppied areas. They are also made by Totalzone. I might get one but dollar for dollar on the investment they claim to treat a lot smaller area.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks Steve.. I have to buy one of the two in the morning.. Thing is I go into these places and don't smell anything but fresh paint(to me). Good account but I'm finding out now how I got it...PITA BUT if I can charge 90.00 a day for an ozone it might be worth it.?. These places are only two years old and the ladies that manage the place are nit picky as hell!!! They have that poly that gets crushed upon installation. :x

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
At that rate the machine will pay itself off in no time. Sounds like a decent account, good luck Keith!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Depending upon how the HVAC is set-up, ozne from the unoccupied apartment can be pulled into occupied units and cause problems.

Ozone works OK even if it is slow. Vaportek also takes some time but is much safer than ozoen. Vaportek SOS is my choice. (BTW we do sell ozone machines, too.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom