P-touch labeler could save you thousands of dollars

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I print out a label with the TM hours on it and put it on my TM whenever I do vital services such as oil & filter changes. I also put them on wands and portables.

years ago I would just use my memory and best guess estimate as to when it need to be done. this got a little confusing and less reliable as I added more TM.-- this mistake cost me Thousands of dollars.

I also keep a log now but the Label is more visible and a daily reminder.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I actually do this on all the TM and the vans...

Even just duct tape and permanent marker....

I used to do this to my race snowmobiles, and jet skis too. For the sleds, I would right down the carburetor jetting and the clutching (weights and springs) so I knew what was in tem at the time....just transferred also to the TM's or who knows, maybe the Truckmount habits transferred to the race vehicles.

For the TM's I have down last oil changes for the cat and blower pumps, next due date, belts changed and what the belts are for each rig....

Great topic to bring up....

Also, don't forget to write down your Truckmount hours, vehicle miles and other items needed for taxes in about 15 days :)

2014-10-18154619_zps34048fed.jpg

2014-10-18154627_zpsf60739fd.jpg

2014-10-18154642_zps9f8ec9f2.jpg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
My TM comes with an hour meter.

don't all of them? I'll elaborate on my post: I record the hours that are on my TM hour meter onto the label as to when the work was performed and when due again.

Now If I can only get the techs to notice the label and inform me when maintenance is almost due.-- luckily I put reminders in my phones calendar.

Becker

Name
Becker
I service both my TM, on front of machine is a label. Next oil change due at **** hrs.
top left hand corner of both vans, my pickup, my car, my gf car, her daughters car and my sons car. Label reminds me or them of next needed change.
Coming up on 150k on my F150. Runs like it did when new. I'd trust it to drive anywhere and distance.
She got a little slimy at the lake place this weekend.
Thinking of a brand new pick up, but I'm attached to it, just as I am my work van. I have the tech drive the new one.
The thing is either hauling, pulling, or getting me where I'd prefer to not take a shinny new rig.
10858613_10204533018658158_4253858286704476524_n_zpsfbf8ed8a.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
don't all of them? I'll elaborate on my post: I record the hours that are on my TM hour meter onto the label as to when the work was performed and when due again.

Now If I can only get the techs to notice the label and inform me when maintenance is almost due.-- luckily I put reminders in my phones calendar.
I knew a guy, a real hater from the New Orleans area, that bought a machine with a cut rate engine from a manufacturer in the state of TX, I guess his deal was so good he went though 2 engines right away, and hmm.. No hr meter.

I think the blokes name was Claudia, but can't recall the name of the machine, and that's odd, because I recall it being and EZ name to remember.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Our trucks tell us when the oil needs changing. Truck computer takes into account driving and running the Butler.

As far as the 500 hour fluid and maintenance services we just do it twice a year, in August and February, no need to document hours (which we do for warranty purposes) as we are always under 500 hours in 6 months time.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
each truck has its own log book of everything that gets done to the truck or the machine...every little thing get written down with dates..part numbers and locations..........it may no mean much in the beginning...but in a year or 2...its gold ....

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks like a nice truck.

I used to have 2002 F-150 it was a nice truck. When the Tundra finally gives up I'm not sure what I'll buy. I like the Ford's looks better than the Tundra right now but I'd have to check out the Chevy and Dodge too.

Becker

Name
Becker
Oh boy. This could be a multi page topic of its own.

I'm looking forward to an up close and personal look at the new 2015 f150. Aluminum alloy.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I do the same thing. My oil, fuel and transmission filters are all on labels in my window. I put labels with dates on everything when it was replaced.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use Car Care, carcaresoftware.com
I personally haven't used it. Its on our server and I've skimmed through it. I really should ask one of the guys about it so I know how it functions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom