Package Pricing 1,2,3

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I have been very poor at upsellng to my customers. I am probably at less than 1% in even attempting.
As a matter of fact I bought a case of Scotchgard 4 years ago when I started my business and I still have a Gallon and a half left. I have been to SFS and a few other sales related courses and I know, My Bad.
I know that protector is the Golden Nugget of the service and want to sell more to boost profits.
My question is this:
I want to start a 1,2,3 package type invoice to help my numbers and make an upsell automatic.
I know that the customer will seldomly go for the lowest package, usually choosing the middle package.
Currently I am at .35 per square foot for cleaning and .17 for protector.
What is the best way to break down a 1,2,3 type package.
What would be the best value added breakdown.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"The price of cleaning the carpet AND re-applying the factory protectant is $$$"

"oh, you don't want the protectant? Ok, the price without the protectant is now $$$"

Don't upsell....downsell.

Start at the top...or close to it...and let them decide.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
WHISKER said:
I have been very poor at upsellng to my customers. I am probably at less than 1% in even attempting.
As a matter of fact I bought a case of Scotchgard 4 years ago when I started my business and I still have a Gallon and a half left. I have been to SFS and a few other sales related courses and I know, My Bad.
I know that protector is the Golden Nugget of the service and want to sell more to boost profits.
My question is this:
I want to start a 1,2,3 package type invoice to help my numbers and make an upsell automatic.
I know that the customer will seldomly go for the lowest package, usually choosing the middle package.
Currently I am at .35 per square foot for cleaning and .17 for protector.
What is the best way to break down a 1,2,3 type package.
What would be the best value added breakdown.

The truth is that you don't enjoy sales, since you've been to so many sales classes in the past. There's no problem w/ that.

It seems you want the packages to do the upsell for you, instead why don't you talk to your clients as if they were a friend, and make your "presentation" a "conversation" instead of a sales pitch. The best time imo to sell your protector is during and after the walk thru. Be honest with them about the areas you'd think they'll benefit the most, this way you're not thinking "I have to upsell upsell", rather show them the benefits. When people trust you, they'll buy from you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes package pricing and menus are great tools.

But when selling protector....always included it in the quoted price...if they don't want it...lower the price.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
or simply just ask as you're filling out your quote:
WOuld you like the protective finish reapplied after cleaning?

Most times they will ask "What's that?" Then answer her questions about it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
C Pennington said:
A menu for your custys makes it alot easier..

I have a menu that I have sent out to several hundred cleaners.

Clients like it. The services are ala carte. Clients can relate to it.

Makes them feel they are in charge with a picture and short description of every service.

PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you(or whoever) one this weekend.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
or simply just ask as you're filling out your quote:
WOuld you like the protective finish reapplied after cleaning?

Most times they will ask "What's that?" Then answer her questions about it.

It's better to ask for forgiveness (and correct it) than it is to ask for permission.

Don't ask them if they want it....tell them it's in the full price.

THEN if they have an issue with it, just pull it off the ticket and do it for what you would have done it for anyway.

(Thank you SFS)

rick imby

Name
Rick
You may need to sell yourself on protectant. If you don't believe in it then you are not likely to sell it.

Buy a 4 by 6 carpet chunk and get it really dirty. Clean it with some high ph cleaner that will get everything out of the carpet, and get it dirty. Clean it and protect half of it. Put in in your garage and use it to clean your feet before you go in the house.

This will sell you and then you will be more likely to sell your customers.

I can only sell what I believe in.

Rick4Life

rick imby said:
You may need to sell yourself on protectant. If you don't believe in it then you are not likely to sell it.

Buy a 4 by 6 carpet chunk and get it really dirty. Clean it with some high ph cleaner that will get everything out of the carpet, and get it dirty. Clean it and protect half of it. Put in in your garage and use it to clean your feet before you go in the house.

This will sell you and then you will be more likely to sell your customers.

I can only sell what I believe in.

Nice response. I sold television service for 3 years and was able to massively increase my numbers by subscribing to that provider. Once you are sold on how great it is, it will come across in your message.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom