Pad Capping or Encapsulation cleaning questions?

Name
R.J. Povio
Hello. We have a 24,000 sq foot commercial carpet job to do. I have never done any kind of bonnet or encap. cleaning before. I would like to at least do a demo for this customer so they can see how it will clean up and Id like to see for myself. This office is a high rise and will be an absolute pain to get TM hoses to. The windows do not open. The only other option is using portable "hot" water extraction. The carpet is heavily soiled in a few major traffic areas, but more over just spotted with coffee and soda spills. I know I can clean it well with HWE. Its just that everyone talks about bonnet and encap. cleaning to "fly" through commercial carpet with great results. This would be a great candidate to try it out on. Any suggestions? Chems, pads, bonnets etc. How would you tackle this job? Private message me if you want to talk via phone please.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd contact Steve Smith of VacAway products (Steve@vacaway.com), if you've not already bought products from him he offers a Free sample package. Within that package you should have the chems for your demo.

What machine or machines do you plan to use? Yes this is a great place to start using low moisture cleaning. The results on CGD can be impressive, especially on those spots and spills. As far as the very heavily soiled areas, I might try an area with low moisture to see if it can restore it back to optimal, if not I'll HWE those areas and low moisture the rest. It is fast but mostly consistent in production numbers because you don't get as tired. 24,000 sq/ft is still a large amount of sq/ft for a small crew.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Hello. We have a 24,000 sq foot commercial carpet job to do. I have never done any kind of bonnet or encap. cleaning before. I would like to at least do a demo for this customer so they can see how it will clean up and Id like to see for myself. This office is a high rise and will be an absolute pain to get TM hoses to. The windows do not open. The only other option is using portable "hot" water extraction. The carpet is heavily soiled in a few major traffic areas, but more over just spotted with coffee and soda spills. I know I can clean it well with HWE. Its just that everyone talks about bonnet and encap. cleaning to "fly" through commercial carpet with great results. This would be a great candidate to try it out on. Any suggestions? Chems, pads, bonnets etc. How would you tackle this job? Private message me if you want to talk via phone please.

Rochester?

If you want to drive to Buffalo you can borrow one of our older cimexes for a week and i can give you a gallon of realesit/pads to try out.
Provided the job is not located here.

PM me if you want.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I would pad cap it with either Joe Bs stuff or Blast from Vac A Way. So you go along misting and scrubbing and when you get to an area that doesn't look great you put a pad under the machine and pad it a time or two. That's what I do and yes I abbreviated it a lot.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I would pad cap it with either Joe Bs stuff or Blast from Vac A Way. So you go along misting and scrubbing and when you get to an area that doesn't look great you put a pad under the machine and pad it a time or two. That's what I do and yes I abbreviated it a lot.

Check out the MicroScrub Bonnets they're great and they'll last a good while under a rotary...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom