Padders - stop smearing the dirt around!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
CFR has actually been around for many years. The idea behind their extractors is that the water gets filtered and what's re-used is supposedly clean. Several years ago a slick salesman convinced a younger me that the large CFR walk-behind could work well for our commercial work. So I pulled the trigger and bought a couple of them for servicing large commercial commercial jobs. I've gotta say I was not impressed and the two machines soon stopped being used by us. They didn't clean that well. And when you put a white towel under the spray head, the "filtered" cleaning solution that it squirted out was still gray. Happily one of them got stolen when our storage unit was broken into and we collected on the insurance. But we still have the second one in storage under a thick layer of dust. Too bad they didn't steal both of them. :shock:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
encapman said:
CFR has actually been around for many years.

I had heard the name, but until I got a sales email from them I didn't realize how the machines worked. Don't think I'll be buying one...

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Almost as bad as someone smearing dirt in with a fiber pad. Speaking of slick salesmen. Plenty of Cimexs gathering dust in the janitors closet where they belong.

Golden Boy

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Waldo said:
Almost as bad as someone smearing dirt in with a fiber pad. Speaking of slick salesmen. Plenty of Cimexs gathering dust in the janitors closet where they belong.

Golden Boy

We get it already.

One word

Letitgo.

shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Spurling said:
How about when you have a pee spot .. now youre spreading the pee everywhere ..

Aren't you pretty much just diluting it and spreading underneath the carpet with steam cleaning? When you prespray and scrub do you really think you are bringing all that urine our of the carpet?
At least we attempt to get it OUT of the carpet....but unless you pull it all up....no dice.

Ivebeensold

Edit: Steaming it or Padding it or whatever...don't fool yourself.
You are really just spraying a solution just like everyone else to try to neutralize the odor and take out the stain and maybe take a little urine out while you're at it.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
remember when Forrest came on the blue board and was bragging about...
"there was blood EVERYWHERE" and he padded it up.....
Poor John G....i THINK that was the demise of the board......

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian R said:
Spurling said:

Aren't you pretty much just diluting it and spreading underneath the carpet with steam cleaning? When you prespray and scrub do you really think you are bringing all that urine our of the carpet?
At least we attempt to get it OUT of the carpet....but unless you pull it all up....no dice.

Ivebeensold

You are really just spraying a solution just like everyone else to try to neutralize the odor and take out the stain and maybe take a little urine out while you're at it.

How can you be in this industry for so long and yet be so ignorant of the HWE process? Or are you just trying to convince yourself of your new process? Using a water claw we can extract significant amounts of the urine.
You've mentioned that "all or nothing" comment before. So I guess its no dice with OP as well since its not getting it all. How exactly are you attempting to get it OUT of the carpet?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bear in mind, every system we use, and every chemical we use, they are only tools to enable us to get the best possible result for that job at that time.

Each tool will do a specific job.

I do understand that many of these tools would be used by people that could be referred to as "Tool handlers".

Use what you think is appropriate, and if someone else gets a different (and better), result to what you get using the same tools, then maybe you should pay more attention to how they do that job.

Unless of course you have never actually seen someone perform a job where you believe your method is superior.

If the client is happy...................................................

Ooroo.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Just got in from a nursing home account we service twice a week. Usually OP, sometimes padcap, occasionally HWE.

Whatever it takes to make them happy.

I clean carpets.

Thanks,
Lee

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Brian R":2wmoeigs]
Spurling said:

Ivebeensold

How can you be in this industry for so long and yet be so ignorant of the HWE process? Or are you just trying to convince yourself of your new process? Using a water claw we can extract significant amounts of the urine.
You've mentioned that "all or nothing" comment before. So I guess its no dice with OP as well since its not getting it all. How exactly are you attempting to get it OUT of the carpet?[/quote:2wmoeigs]

You're absolutely right. I know the industry...I know just about every process...I don't clean great...but it's good enough to get it clean.

I'm just saying to the anti-pad guys that their process is not God's gift to the industry either...I know better.

This isn't a new process Mr. Ron...but it IS improved.

I like what Lee said.

randy

Name
Randy
I know a few guys that run CFR units and owned own for a bit. The latest version is light years ahead of their previous units.

Name
Nate W.
Brian R said:
[quote="Ron Werner":s1efhxqb][quote="Brian R":s1efhxqb]

Ivebeensold

You've mentioned that "all or nothing" comment before. So I guess its no dice with OP as well since its not getting it all. How exactly are you attempting to get it OUT of the carpet?[/quote:s1efhxqb]

You're absolutely right. I know the industry...I know just about every process...I don't clean great...but it's good enough to get it clean.

I'm just saying to the anti-pad guys that their process is not God's gift to the industry either...I know better.

This isn't a new process Mr. Ron...but it IS improved.

I like what Lee said.[/quote:s1efhxqb]

I'm not a anti-pad guy. But dude seriously, if I pissed in your living room or bedroom, you'd rather use some encap juice and a pad to clean it up? Time and place for padding and residential is no place for it.... Unprofessional if you ask me...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nah, I would just wipe the floor with you. :mrgreen:

For the record....some dude pees on my carpet there is no way in hell I'm keeping it.

Dog and cat urine are bad enough.....We don't even have that.

Some people are Fing disgusting....I think we all know that. If they're going to live with urine filled carpets and want them "cleaned" every once in a while....They're going to be fine with whatever you give them.

With that said, I do my best to make every carpet perfect. Some are worse than others.

Name
Lee Stockwell
OK dummies:

If you must play this card in your "pissing matches", think it out to its logical conclusion: "Carpet is a bad idea! Tear it out."

That is happening in many cases, and "we" didn't help.

I want to make people HAPPY with their carpet.

Thanks,
Lee

Name
Nate W.
Lee Stockwell said:
OK dummies:

If you must play this card in your "pissing matches", think it out to its logical conclusion: "Carpet is a bad idea! Tear it out."

That is happening in many cases, and "we" didn't help.

I want to make people HAPPY with their carpet.

Thanks,
Lee

Piss off.... Lol :lol:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had the YP rep in my office last week and he apologizing for having no carpet in his house. He said carpet is just so dirty and his wife has allergies, he wanted an estimate on air duct cleaning.

I told him carpet is only bad if not maintained, that it's mostly likely worse to have hard surfaces. I reminded him how the dust is everywhere and gets kicked up into the air stream when there is no carpet to trap it. While is appears easier to maintain, you're constantly sweeping and swiffering to control the dust.

Carpet=GOOD, soft, warm, quite

Hard Surfaces=NOT So Much, hard on your feet, cold, high maintenance :p

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Waldo said:

Golden Boy
I made almost enough money with my cimex to get on ****** top 25 :lol:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
So those of you who wouldn't try to pad up urine (me too) - Is this CFR machine that recycles the water and sprays it back down any better? Does the magical filter remove the pee?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dgardner said:
So those of you who wouldn't try to pad up urine (me too) - Is this CFR machine that recycles the water and sprays it back down any better? Does the magical filter remove the pee?

That's just disgusting. :| :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just think of the water you drink Brian.
Comes from rivers and lakes and eventually your reservoir. Lots of animals swimming in it, birds flying over it, fish, pooping and peeing in it. Seems to get filtered enough to drink shiteatinggrin Just add whiskey

Just wonder how often that filter would need changing/maintenance in that machine.

Back
Top Bottom