Pads for orbot

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I picked up my new Orbot today from Hard Rock Tools (thanks Rob). What are the best pads to use on it? I have regular cotton and some snake skins that I won from Olson's raffle. Also how many pads do you carry in your truck?
Thank you for your replies.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use the Snake Skins along with microfibers. On average soil 400sqft, lighter soil more sq/ft heavier less sq/ft. Cotton will really pull soil, you can use them when not satisfied with the combo type pads or microfibers. Microfibers are smoother and hold more soil but, you can't see it being recovered on the pad. So watch the coverage, maybe double or so if the Snake Skins.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Microfibers and Superzorbs. You do 50sqft with a microfiber and go over it with a Superzorb and wring them out and be surprised how much soil you will rinse out of them.

Reactions: Ray Burnfield
Name
Damon
Nice upgrade!

My thoughts on pads....

SuperZorbs have always worked well for me and they last a really long time.

Microfibers are good, but they do not remove soil as well as the cotton pads. They're great at picking up moisture though (if that makes any sense). Also, they will fall apart after a while, Not tearing or ripping, but collapsing in the middle.
I've heard that John G''s new Glad Pads are good, but have not tried.

Never been a big fan of combos. Tuways, etc. under the Orbot. I think they, along with Bonnet Pros, are better suited for a 175.

superzorbs and glads
microfibers both types - scrub strips and regular ones

I am also liking bonnet pro's combo pads if you upgrade the driver ;)
old video from 2012 lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF75oMdUEvc

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleantechsk

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
A few years ago I ordered 10 gladiator pads from vacaway.

They were very very thin compared to superzorbs and basically were done after one use and became oil change rags..

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Luis, you should go down to Carlsbad to Hruby Orbital and see Jeff, to get a case of Superzorbs to try out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom