Paint Removal

Just curious on how much extra everyone charges for paint removal? I have a unit that the rooms were badly covered in paint due to an artist living there. Ill post a before and after!

heres pics...sorry they are dark, ran out of day light.

Before:

IMG00003-20091124-1627.jpg

After:

IMG00004-20091124-2018.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Whatever the customer will pay. Figure how much time each room will take and multiply by how much you need to make.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Mike,
I usually don't experience that good of an after. What do you use chem wise, and procedure PLEASE!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
your profile says one year in the biz?

I'm impressed, dude, well done

like the others, waddya use and tell us how you got it done
(methods and chems used)

as far as pricing, our additional charges would be contingent on additional time/steps involved to restore
One size don't fit all for us

..L.T.A.

I pre sprayed it heavily with Power Burst, I have a Dri Matic so i scrubbed the carpet really well. That actually lightened up the stains a lot. After that i used Vac a way PIG out, which took up a lot of the stains. From there whatever did not come out i used CTI prosolve and power gel and repeated that a couple times until everything came up.

I did however have to use a hot iron on some spots with the pro solve and power gel.

My issue is that i quoted really low and i made a huge mistake on estimating how long it would take! Lesson learned!

Mike

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
blkcobra@cox.net said:
I did however have to use a hot iron on some spots with the pro solve and power gel.

Mike

Did the iron help? Ive never heard anyone use an iron with pro solve and power gel.

YES!!! It helped a lot! I had one spot where I know the guy must have spilled a bucket of paint and the carpet was completely crunchy! The added heat from the iron with the gels brought softness back to the carpet and got out most of the paint.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom