Paint removal

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hi guys. I haven't seen it yet but I got this message from one of our friends on Facebook. What do you think?

Hey Russ, bet you are super excited to have Mel and the boys home soon! I need your professional advice...let's say I spilled some paint, well, alot of paint...on the carpet. How can I remove all the paint without hurting the carpet? I removed the puddles of paint a couple days ago but can't get the rest out. It's either white interior primer or ceiling paint. Thanks for any advice you can give.

The Clean Machine

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi guys. I haven't seen it yet but I got this message from one of our friends on Facebook. What do you think?

Hey Russ, bet you are super excited to have Mel and the boys home soon! I need your professional advice...let's say I spilled some paint, well, alot of paint...on the carpet. How can I remove all the paint without hurting the carpet? I removed the puddles of paint a couple days ago but can't get the rest out. It's either white interior primer or ceiling paint. Thanks for any advice you can give.

The Clean Machine

How long can you put it off?

I will bring some paint remover (Quest Graffiti gone) also on the way by if we can make it or will get some sent out too.

Have had some good luck with this product in a similar situation.

Mark

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Mark,
I haven't seen it so I'm not sure if it's totally dry. Will the stuff you have (likely) work if it's dry?

The Clean Machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Any advise/ product recommendation etc, should be given with the caveat, that it may cause de-lamination.
The same product that may remove the paint may also dissolve the glue layer.

Thin line between being a hero and something else altogether.

Reactions: JS41035 and Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Any advise/ product recommendation etc, should be given with the caveat, that it may cause de-lamination.
The same product that may remove the paint may also dissolve the glue layer.

Thin line between being a hero and something else altogether.

True story.

The Clean Machine

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark,
I haven't seen it so I'm not sure if it's totally dry. Will the stuff you have (likely) work if it's dry?

The Clean Machine

Yep....

If it is still wet, have them cover with wet towel if can, and maybe try to remove as much as possible tomorrow with extraction.

If it won't all come out, can get you the stuff that we have had luck with.

Mark

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hmmmm. She says it's dry. It happened Sunday. I sense a first YouTube video coming...

The Clean Machine

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hmmmm. She says it's dry. It happened Sunday. I sense a first YouTube video coming...

The Clean Machine

Let's you and I get together. PM me your mailing address.

Will see if I can get some product out for you to try asap....but there is also still a chance I could be coming through this weekend also.

We are watching the weather for Branson and the weather hasn't been looking good....and the last thing we want to see is Non Sunny weather.

Mark

Reactions: Russ T.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark.
Have you seen my wanted ad?

:winky:

Though from Mike's experience, I'm not letting you anywhere even remotely close to a vacuum cleaner.

I have seen the ad.

Didn't think about it much until now you mention it...and yesterdays snow storm....and you have warm weather....and....and...

Gonna let my wife know you have an opening and we should get this house up for sale! :biggrin:

As for the vacuum...I did just break another one this week....warranty though :rockon:

Reactions: ruff

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Here's something to try on old, dry paint spots (not huge spills). Pick up a can of plain Barbasol shave cream. Apply liberally, work in with tamping brush or "gum getter". It works. On old, dry paint.

(So does a single edge razor blade, in a bind)

Reactions: Johnny
Back
Top Bottom