Paper bag or dirt cup ?

I prefer a..

• Dirt Cup style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Name
I'm Rick James
I am a dirt cup type guy. I think its a great visual aid to help sell our services.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Dirt cups are messy, have to be empied to much. And pollute the air. hear california is going to ban the sell of dirt cup vacs

topnotchman

Paper bag, only draw back to my vacuum IMO. Clear canister would be nice to visually see all the junk coming in. Also sucks buying bags, I used a whole bag on a 1,000 square foot place today.

CanYouHemiNow

Dirt cup all the way, baby! Impresses Mrs Piffleton after she "just vacuumed". As far as polluting the air goes... isn't it just the same dirt that was... flying... around... anyways?

California is trying to save the world while their state is steadily collapsing. Must be something in the water. (Or tofu. :p )

Name
Bruce
FCC said:
Cup.

Current vac:
6100.png

but I get pissed off evry month or so and get a different one..........
That Royal looks nice and looks durable with that handle , how's it holding up?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
joeynbgky said:
Dirt cups are messy, have to be empied to much. And pollute the air. hear california is going to ban the sell of dirt cup vacs

If they pollute the air you are going about cleaning them and emptying them the wrong way. :shock:

I agree consumers who don't have a heavy soil load, should use bags. But if you have alot of soil tracked into your homes, its alot better to have a bagless where you can monitor how much crud you are pulling out of the floors.

And as professionals we want to maximise soil removal ie seeing what we want to remove. For one our filters should be clean everyday. It Doesn't take much more than a small compressor and blow gun to clean those things out in five minutes or less each day before you leave.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Bag in the shop. We like to buy vacs that last longer than three months, so the cutesy plastic stuff is out.

On the trucks we use vacuum heads hooked to the unit. Can't pollute the indoor environment with the odor of the last customer's cat.

Name
Nate W.
The Great Oz said:
Bag in the shop. We like to buy vacs that last longer than three months, so the cutesy plastic stuff is out.

On the trucks we use vacuum heads hooked to the unit. Can't pollute the indoor environment with the odor of the last customer's cat.

I assume you use the vacuum at idle speed with the TM? Which vacuums do you use? I have a few turbine powered vacuum heads, hardly used them because the belts wouldn't last on them. Maybe they were just old. I'll give it another shot.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We use the HP 210 - $65 from Hesco. (same as Turbocat V) We use a vacuum relief to keep from over driving the brush. You can drill a 1/2" hole in the tube as well. Guys might open the dump valve a little if they have a one-hose run.

We only have to replace them when theyre ugly from use.

Oh yeah, being PLASTIC, trying to pick up marbles might result in a cracked case. If someone would make a 210 out of metal I'd be interested.

Name
Nate W.
The Great Oz said:
We use the HP 210 - $65 from Hesco. (same as Turbocat V) We use a vacuum relief to keep from over driving the brush. You can drill a 1/2" hole in the tube as well. Guys might open the dump valve a little if they have a one-hose run.

Oh yeah, being PLASTIC, trying to pick up marbles might result in a cracked case. If someone would make a 210 out of metal I'd be interested.

Sweet, thanks for the insight. A vac relief is a must for me.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
GET A VACUUM WITH A BAG! WHY DO YOU WANT TO WASH AND REPLACE THOSE CHEAP HEPA FILTERS? YOU SAY YOU WANT TO MONITOR WHAT ITS PICKING UP? USE YOUR EARS AND LISTEN, AND LOOK DOWN. oops caps was on :p :!: :!: :!: :!:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
dirt cup mostly. but for my demo's, i use the Conquest with the paperbag attachment.

if the Conquest had a wand, it'd be a choice vac IMO.

G

Bags to make sure I'm good with IAQ. Riccar Supralite RSL5. I have to change a bag after a house with bad cats, that litter box smell contaminates my clothes, vaccum bag, and inside of van. I might have to start charging more for cats.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
FCC said:
Cup.

Current vac:
6100.png

but I get pissed off evry month or so and get a different one..........

That looks just like an old Dirt Devil I have. (not being used) I think its called Vision or something. That's gotta be the same vac. Isn't Dirt Devil and Royal the same company?
POS!

I'm still a Momentum guy.

Zee

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
joeynbgky said:
GET A VACUUM WITH A BAG! WHY DO YOU WANT TO WASH AND REPLACE THOSE CHEAP HEPA FILTERS? YOU SAY YOU WANT TO MONITOR WHAT ITS PICKING UP? USE YOUR EARS AND LISTEN, AND LOOK DOWN. oops caps was on :p :!: :!: :!: :!:
you are assuming the soil you are picking up is going to make a noise
even light sand doesn't make much noice
latex powder, deodorizer powder, fine soil, dust, dander, hair, gyprock dust, none of this makes a sound yet you can fill a canister with this stuff really fast

If I can fill an inch in a canister within a 4sf area, what is that going to do to a bag?
How would you even know to keep vacuuming if you ran into a room with this:
this is 1 of 14 canisters from a 200sf room, mostly deodor powder, their was no visible soil on the top of the carpet. Filled this canister from about 10-15sf.
CLearTracFullCannister.jpg

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Nate The Great said:
[quote="The Great Oz":1e4cy5ka]Bag in the shop. We like to buy vacs that last longer than three months, so the cutesy plastic stuff is out.

I assume you use the vacuum at idle speed with the TM? Which vacuums do you use? I have a few turbine powered vacuum heads, hardly used them because the belts wouldn't last on them. Maybe they were just old. I'll give it another shot.[/quote:1e4cy5ka]

Someone needs to make a heavy duty turbine powered vacuum for our use. With a super clear filter canister to show what's coming out. Hey Greenie or Mytee?

-JB-

Name
JB
If I can fill an inch in a canister within a 4sf area, what is that going to do to a bag?

Dude I luv ya but YOU are the ONLY one that can/will do that!

bonesheal

Ron Werner said:
joeynbgky said:
you are assuming the soil you are picking up is going to make a noise
even light sand doesn't make much noice
latex powder, deodorizer powder, fine soil, dust, dander, hair, gyprock dust, none of this makes a sound yet you can fill a canister with this stuff really fast

How would you even know to keep vacuuming if you ran into a room with this:
this is 1 of 14 canisters from a 200sf room, mostly deodor powder, their was no visible soil on the top of the carpet. Filled this canister from about 10-15sf.
CLearTracFullCannister.jpg

Never thought of that

Chris A

Name
Chris
The Great Oz said:

Isn't that a gross waste of fuel? That surprises me that a multi-trucker like yourself would use one of those. Of course id surprises me that your guys vacuum too... shiteatinggrin

-JB-

Name
JB
I did that too for years, I don't even want to think of how much that cost me in fuel, let alone hours of wear and tear on the TM!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
JB said:
Dude I luv ya but YOU are the ONLY one that can/will do that!
I thought I was too, until other guys started using similar vacuums and began posting what they got out.

Do we just make it look like we removed the soil or do we actually remove it?
Funny thing about removing the soil, the carpet looks clean. :shock:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Isn't that a gross waste of fuel? That surprises me that a multi-trucker like yourself would use one of those. Of course id surprises me that your guys vacuum too...
One of the things that allows growth is an ability to analyze and properly attribute costs. Another is to recognize the cost savings of efficiency in reducing labor effort and time spent on the job. The cost of fuel is relatively small next to the cost of labor, and I'd be more concerned (if it mattered) about hours on the unit.

PS: Multi-truck companies aren't all run by the franchise model. 8)

-JB-

Name
JB
I am a dirt cup type guy. I think its a great visual aid to help sell our services.
that I conceeed to.

the argument i don't buy is
"how do you know what your pulling out if you can't see it?"

I call BS on that one, how do you know when your super sucker TM did it's job if you wanna use that argument... it's a weak argument at best.

Mrs. Pilfington... "So JB did you get a lot out?"

and the answer is.... :?:

Ryan

I use a hyla water filtration vacuum. I bought it cheap off craigslist and it works great. The thing is a PIA to set up and put water in sometimes but it works great and no nasty air coming out of it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
JB said:
that I conceeed to.

the argument i don't buy is
"how do you know what your pulling out if you can't see it?"

I call BS on that one, how do you know when your super sucker TM did it's job if you wanna use that argument... it's a weak argument at best.

Mrs. Pilfington... "So JB did you get a lot out?"

and the answer is.... :?:
Once you've seen what comes out of the carpet, you won't think it so weak. Then you can tell them about the colour change as you steam cleaned the carpet, or OP or whatever. I've been in too many places where had I not been able to see it coming out, it would have remained there. I've gone into homes, already prevacuumed, NO indication of any soil in the carpet what-so-ever, and I pull out a canister of soil.
ie a loan spot of gyprock dust from a repair in the wall
or a loan spot of carpet deodourizer powder
I can post pics if you want? How many would it take to convince you?

I tell my clients that Now that you've seen what I've pulled out from vacuuming, AND you've seen how thorough I've washed your carpet, you really know its as clean as its going to get.
Sometimes it takes me a long time to vacuum, sometimes I can move pretty fast, but I can do that with confidence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom