Paraflex lifespan

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
What does every body get out of parker paraflex hose. My last one didn't make a year and started leaking. After taking it off of the truck, it also seems like it is plugged. I tried to blow the water out of it and it is a no go. My last low heat butler went 2 years and was fine. My new high heat butler ate this hose up.

Joe Bristor

Expect a year out of Parker Parflex 1035HT.

I got it on sale now, just cuz Doug needed some.
Loyalty pays.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I run 50' of Goodyear or whatever is on the reel to the house and carry in the 100' of Parker so it isn't being burned by the post heater at the truck. This seems to extend the life of the hose as mine is 18 monhts old and is still fine. Wharever you do, don't leave it on the live reel coiled up while you work.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure it leaks around the coupler every few months with a hot machine.

but ten bucks at your Hose shop to cut off a foot and re crimp will get it going again.

You should get at least two years before it gets too fugly.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no live reel here
just a regular large arbor common to the ones that bolt to the vac hose reel.

average day in and day temps are at 210-230.
10% or better running in the mega temp range...250+
we get well over 1500 hours out of Parker .
I generally change it cause it gets looking to ugly for res use

if/when they fail it's usually always nearest the TM where it's the hottest.
The jacket separates/blisters and pin hole sprays develop.
(and it will within a few months or less of steady mega temps..240+)
I simply cut the 2-3ft section off and crimp on a new end

Been using Parker for 17 out of 20 years .
I wouldn't hit a dog in the azz with Ineptune and refuse to use it inside a dwelling.
I had more instant, DANGEROUS failures with Ineptune the couple/three years we used it than in 17 years of using Parker..and NONE of them were "instant" black water spewing and dangerous failures

..L.T.A.

Joe Bristor

Re: Parflex lifespan

Meat, can I quote you?

“I had more DANGEROUS failures with Neptune the couple/three years we used it than in the 17 years of using Parker… and NONE of the (Parker) failures spewed black water.”

“Been using Parker (Parflex 1035HT) for 17 out of 20 years”.

“no live reel”

“…temps are at 210-230, occasionally up to 250F”

“we get well over 1500 hours out of Parker”

“…it usually fails nearest the TM where it's the hottest.”

“…it will (blister) within a few months of steady mega temps..240+”

“…simply cut the 2-3ft section off and crimp on a new end”

..L.T.A.

btw, I stock two shades of blue.
About to buy more...what color do you like?

Just got my first 50' last week and so far so good. Little stiff, but that's easy to deal with. Best part so far is no more worm trails and the hose isn't nearly as hot to the touch as steel braided hose. Think I found my new lead hose.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Over 2 years of continuos high heat. Never blows like Goodyear. When you get the warning of pin pricks near the machine, cut and re-crimp. I just ordered another 150ft from Bristor via RThode.

Joe Bristor

yep, got it in blue, but pricey, $2.60/ft.
awesome hose though. Memory, but not as bad as the 1/4"

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I bought 2 sections of yellow paraflex from cobb about 5 years ago, used it for a year and a half as the first 2 sections, then I bought a 100 footer of the blue KMA paraflex and moved the original 2 yellow hoses lower on the reel. I have been using the blue KMA 100 footer for the last 3 or 4 years can't remember how long. it started to sweat and drip on one end about 6 mos ago, had it cut back a foot and that was fine, then a couple months ago the other end started doing the same thing, so I had it cut back and recrimped its working fine now too. the best thing is it would only drip when the hose was cold and first hooked up, once it heated up there was no leaking so I could easily get through the job or even the entire day before having to fix it. so 5 years later I am still using the same hoses, I do only run my machine about 350 hours a year so I am not seeing the hours and use that some are, but I can say that every year I had to replace ALL of my goodyear hoses before, plus they would blow in catastrophic fashion spewing black shit everywhere sometimes. I also never had that great of luck having the goodyear hoses recrimped at that point it was best to just throw them out. parker is the only hose you should be using, its well worth the extra money in longer lifespan and the fact is doesn't blow out in catastrophic fashion.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lyman said:
What does every body get out of parker paraflex hose. My last one didn't make a year and started leaking. After taking it off of the truck, it also seems like it is plugged. I tried to blow the water out of it and it is a no go. My last low heat butler went 2 years and was fine. My new high heat butler ate this hose up.
It is not plugged. The inner tube is completely melted. That takes over 250° F for that to happen.

I would run a 50' of quality wire-braid at the truck. We have a new smooth blue hose that is holding up very well in "high heat" TM's.

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_...search_in_description=1&keyword=hose+blue+250

Then run the Parflex the rest of the way.

Larry

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Larry Cobb said:
Lyman said:
It is not plugged. The inner tube is completely melted. That takes over 250° F for that to happen.

I would run a 50' of quality wire-braid at the truck. We have a new smooth blue hose that is holding up very well in "high heat" TM's.

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_...search_in_description=1&keyword=hose+blue+250

Then run the Parflex the rest of the way.

Larry

I run 15 ft like Larry says, than Parflex. Just takes a little bit of that heat spike off my Propane burner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom