Parflex problem resolved!

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Mikey posted awhile ago about having a problem with Parflex. I read the post and really didn't think anything of it because I never had a problem with Parflex. I do however sell my solution hose every year or two for 1/2 of cost of new (always a cleaner looking for a deal) so its kinda like getting new hose for 1/2 price and I don't have to worry about it.

But then as I was cleaning the other day, I noticed two things that could prevent these types of things using ANY brand hose. Ive been doing this so long I really didn't even notice it until his post.

1. I put a 45 degree angle on the outlet coupler on the van. Since couplers on the machine will go straight out, the solution hose will also go straight out so the part of the hose just off the hose bend restrictor bends towards the ground and will have strain on it - especially with extremely hot water coming out of the TM. If you add a 45 degree angle, the hose will not bend there, thereby extending the life of the hose.
zzz 006.JPG

2. When I put the hose on the reel, I don't put it so the hose is straight up. Again, it kinks the part of the hose that is just off the hose bend restrictor, I angle the hose so that part is still straight. I also don't wind my hose on "tight", just guide it back and forth on the reel.zzz 007.JPG

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
84132-5c4339fe0b38e25dd248c627433a24b7.jpg

If you invest in a 20-30' steel braid starter hose(off the tm) you should never have parker issues. The steel braid is like a buffer for the heat before it gets to the parker/plastic hose.

Last 100 footer lasted 6 years and could still be used it if needed. The new stuff in your photo is great. Mine had absolutely no memory right out of the box.

hydracat

I use 3/8's high heat pressure washing hose off the burner. Never had a problem except for the end of the solution line which never gets rolled up. Go figure...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom