Parker Hose

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Who here sells it? Can you get it in custom lengths?

about time I give it a try.

Of those that use it how do you like it and is there anyone that made the switch but went back to steel braided

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Billy,

I switched after I thought I MIGHT have seen a hose line in some berber... I'm very happy with the parker hose(orange) and would not go back to something that can damage things.

I use it as a 100' lead hose, then steel braid off the truck. I don't put it on a reel, it's really not hard to work with.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Who here sells it? Can you get it in custom lengths?

about time I give it a try.

Of those that use it how do you like it and is there anyone that made the switch but went back to steel braided

I started with Parker (it was on reels the tired TM I bought) along with a whole spool Parker
Used it for a few years til the roll was gone, then went to Ineptune...I had more instant failures in that year and half I used Ineptune than I've had in 22 years of using Parker

Draw backs of Parker are;
It will never be as soft/flexible as steel braid.
Doesn't play well with small arbor and live hose reels
Doesn't hand coil worth a chit.
Jacket blisters and develops pin prick sprays nearest the TM within a month or so when running a steady daily diet of 250 temps.
230 temps with occasional* 250+ temps and it will last virtually forever
(*"occasional" meaning 10.93% of the time on a 500 TM hour a year work schedule )

Pros;
MUCH lighter than steel braid
Not nearly as hot to touch ....you won't permanently scorch/distort poly/olie carpets like steel braid can l and does
Carries more heat to the wand
Safer, cause there's no "instant" blowout failures
No black water issues at start up
lasts MUCH longer
Smooth jacket, so it doesn't "grab" door jambs, wall comers, carpet ...glides smoothly

..L.T.A.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I love parker. Wouldn't use anything else. Olson sells blue and orange I think and you can get custom lengths. 125' is the sweet spot for me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've use the Parker Parflex on every job for the past five years. Like Jerry posted, the steel braided Goodyear hose did permanent damage to a pile carpet because of the heat; that never has happened with the Parker hose. It's much lighter in the hundred foot length I carry into the job and when an end fails it makes tiny pinhole leaks which tell you it's time for a crimping; not like the Goodyear hose which bursts unceremoniously gushing boiling water onto your customer's fine possessions and home interior. Keep the steel braided hose outside hooked to your TM because it has a higher heat rating, and replace it annually. The Parker hose can be run for years if it is treated as an indoor hose.

Reactions: BLewis

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've been using Parker for a while, with the spring strain reliefs it is just about indestructible

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Billy;

We offer it in custom lengths up to 250 ft.

Vinyl molded stain reliefs (won't scratch paint) and Parker crimps.

It loses less heat than the blue wire-braid hose, and slides easier on the carpet.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...esult&search_in_description=1&keyword=parflex

Larry

Larry, your link seems to be only precut lengths. To order a custom length (say 80') with fittings and strain reliefs, is there a way to do it from the website, or do we need to call?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dan;

Custom lengths have to be called in.

You can figure the price by taking the closest length x a multiplier for the custom length.

150 ft is 1.5 the price for 100 ft. ,

or 0.8 x the 100 ft. price.

Larry

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom