Part Two of The Circle Cutter - Finishing the Repair Example

Stevea

Under the heading of Tools, the first half of a video clip was shown on use of a Circle Cutter but it did not show the complete process. Here is the second half to show how the donor piece is secured and what it looks like when it is turned back over.

We will show some further uses of this tool later on and hopefully continue showing different tools and some uses of them.

Here is part two:
th_b1ab1a3f.jpg

SA

Stevea

Charles,

Thank you, your comments and enthusiasm make it a joy to share information!

Harry, of course I always like your posts and comments.

SA

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Steve, just curious, but would a cookie cutter work the same as the circle cutter if used from the back of the carpet? I know it would have it's size limits, but it seems like the same concept. Also, where did you get the glue gun?

Stevea

Charles,

Yes it would if used from the back but it has only one size. Plus if you know how to use it correctly you can make some pretty good repairs, (even with loop pile but I am not suggesting that).

I was just showing the circle cutter to show some tools, I will show how to use it to make a little rug for your customers ans win some points from the.

As for the glue gun and tips, these are all things I carry but you should be able to purchase one in many locations, just be sure you get one that will accept tips and has enough power to work.

SA

Stevea

Hi John,

That glue gun is electric. I also use air glue guns and have available the propane fired guns. I use propane hot knives as wee and no odor problems with that.

Take care,
Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom