Passenger Van

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Is it harder to install a TM in a gutted passenger van as opposed to a cargo van? Is there a bunch of crap in the way that will have to be moved? Or is it pretty much a cargo van with a carpet kit in it?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
church vans are way cool...
they got the one ton chassis
plus all the windows so you don back over little Billy......

they DO have a heater core in the back to remove...no big deal!
shop for a low milage one as they were only used ...
one day a week!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
church vans...the secret to my amazing success...
i could teach a chimpanzee to run the Genie
while having the assurance he wouldn't back over a house!

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Shouldn't be. Really in the one we did an install for it was the plastic molding for the heat/AC unit more than anything else that was in the way.

Measure your unit and make a cardboard template. Then when you check out the van, slide your template in and see if it fits, also check our what heat shields or cross members might be in the way for install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Charlie Lyman

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shouldn't be. Really in the one we did an install for it was the plastic molding more than anything that ways in the way.

Measure your unit and make a cardboard template. Then when you check out the van, slide your template in and see if it fits, also check our what heat shields or cross members might be in the way for install.

AND fuel lines....don ask......!

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
I'm Rick James
All you have to do is take the seats out and the carpet and poof you have a cargo van.. they are the same van and the air duct for it won't be in your way.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Im not a fan of vans with windows as a carpet cleaning vehicle-- too many windows to smash n grab by drug addicts who need drug money..

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Im not a fan of vans with windows as a carpet cleaning vehicle-- too many windows to smash n grab by drug addicts who need drug money..

Given that 25% of the population in Idaho carries a firearm legally, they would have a 1:4 chance of picking the wrong van to do that to.

Charlie Lyman

Last edited:
Reactions: Able 1

Becker

Name
Becker
I have a 2006 and a 2010 xlt one ton pass vans. I remove all the seats. Leave the rear ac. Leave the head liner. Works great.

I also leave all the wall panels.

Now. With larger tms. Like the prochem 405 and the thermLwave I has to trim away the side panel to get the waste tank closers to the wall. Both machines barely fit.

Otherwise. Slightly used they are cheaper to buy than standard cargos. Plus you get way more options and the chrome package.

Looking at replacing my 2006. As much as I like the windows I'm considering a cargo, but loaded.

We've got no room for boring.

Buck1955

Name
John
It will have to be a slide in, I tried to get a direct drive installed in one last year and it cant be done because there are rails for the rear seats in the floor. Butler, White Magic, and Cleanco said they cant do modern window vans. Old ones were different. Cost me a grand for that lesson.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Don, what comes with the chrome package? Also, what'd you do to the carpet/floor? Rip and out and line?

Becker

Name
Becker
Chrome package front rear bumpers grill all in chrome nicer wheels or covers. Nicer looking headlights. Not a fan of the black grill and painted bumpers in the fords. But at the right price.

I remove all the flooring. I prefer marine plywood with carpet glued down.

Never had a problem with it.

We've got no room for boring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom