Passing of a Detroit Legend

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Edgar Hagopian passed peacefully in his sleep this morning at 7am, with his daughter Angela (my former) and his daughter in law Annie holding his hand. The rest of us got to the hospital within an hour or so and were able to say our goodbyes to him before they took him away.

He was a great human being, friend, father figure, mentor, businessman, and especially, benefactor to dozens and dozens of charitable organizations and 100's or 1000's of individuals lives whom he touched. He was a doer not just a talker and when he sunk his teeth into anything, especially the charitable orgs he spent most of his last 10 years on, he gave it his all~ and then some. Anyone who has ever met him walks away impressed by his grace, charm, warmth, intelligence and passion for what he believes in.

Edgar, or as his grand kids call him, Bupa- rest in peace.

Ken

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I met Edgar when I was a much younger, and far less confident, man.

He was kind, warm, and reassuring. I told my father later, and he simply said:

"Edgar Hagopian is a perfect gentleman in the deepest sense of both words. You were fortunate to have met him. He's a great man."

He was all of those things, and more.

Send our condolences to Angela and family Ken.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
My condolences to you and your family Ken. The Hagopians have done a lot for this area, and they are national name in our industry. I'm sure you guys will only improve on that.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Ken,

Sorry to hear about Edgar's passing.
My condolences on your loss.

I will say a prayer for all.

David Mirfin

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ken- you and your family are in my thoughts today. Those of us that lost a great father or father figure can definitely relate...

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
So sorry to hear this, Ken. Having recently been through this sad time with both in-laws I came away with one thought:

"It isn't the dying that is so hard. It is the process of getting there." Both Edgar and your family are now past this difficult phase and the living can start their process of slowly healing. I am sure you will be a huge help in this time.

Steve Toburen

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Very sorry for your loss and the family's, from what I've read he had an amazing life.
Thank you for sharing those glimpses of some of what he accomplished.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
So very sorry to hear Ken. Our thoughts are with rest of the families effected by this loss.

I am sure he was quite appreciative and proud that you are keeping his name sake alive by continuing what he had a hand in building.

DannyD

Ken, my condolances to his family/friends. What he accomplished in life is very impressive.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
He has left a legacy. he has touched people and changed lives. Through that he will live on. We are all remembered not for what is inside of us, but for what we share.

Take care,
Lisa

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mr. Snow, I am very sorry and sad of your relative passing away. I will keep my prayers for him and your family.

Bill

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Thank you all so much- here is a picture of Edgar from about 6-8 years ago (he was 72-74 then).

Edgar.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom