past due commercial account

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
What do you guys do when a business wont pay you? I have a rent to own store that is corporate which I cant get to pay me. Everytime I call the store manager or dm I get the pass the buck routine that they faxed the bill in and accounts payable must be to blame. Today I sent a certified letter saying in ten days I am putting a lien on the store . I hope this does the trick since business is slowing down some I need all the money I can get off the board.

Name
I'm Rick James
juniorc82 said:
What do you guys do when a business wont pay you? I have a rent to own store that is corporate which I cant get to pay me. Everytime I call the store manager or dm I get the pass the buck routine that they faxed the bill in and accounts payable must be to blame. Today I sent a certified letter saying in ten days I am putting a lien on the store . I hope this does the trick since business is slowing down some I need all the money I can get off the board.

Sounds good, but why are you slowing down, the is peak season

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
brent said:
juniorc82 said:

Sounds good, but why are you slowing down, the is peak season
I do a ton of rental turnover mostly due to student housing which gets cleaned in the summer. I have noticed sept. is ok but october slows down some then it pics back up in sept and dec.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
How past due is the bill? I would not have sent them that letter. Cause you will never get work from them again.. I have two different rent to own stores. aarons, and RAC, oh and i did have colortyme. all corporate stores... They always pay me everty 45-60 days. So waiting is not a big deal.. Superclean takes 45 days after they receive your invoice.

Mike Draper

30 days past due ( which is 60 days out) and I file lien or small claims. I send them a final notice with a big late fee and tell them I need a check delivered in my mail by day 3 or that afternoon I will take action.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Mike Draper said:
30 days past due ( which is 60 days out) and I file lien or small claims. I send them a final notice with a big late fee and tell them I need a check delivered in my mail by day 3 or that afternoon I will take action.

I only do this if it is a really long time, i have some accounts who only pay every 3 months... Give people especially businesses time. Its just how it is........ or you will never hvae there business again. You should act like a business owner first, not like a bill collector, till its that time. I find that very rude and plain dumb

Mike Draper

When you pay rent do they give you this lenience? How about your mortgage, credit card, utilities, gas, cell phone, electric bill, taxes, Business loan payment etc... I understand some people business are going to pay late, if they talk with me about it, and explain their situation, im ok with it. If they deliberately avoid my calls its a different issue.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
pay off a secretary for the district managers HOME PHONE NUMBER.....

then start calling 2:00 AM.....he'll pay!

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I sure wouldn't wait sixty to ninety days to start collecting, but at the same time your demeanor should be professional and at least upfront it should be friendly. I agree with the idea of asking for the accounts receivable department's number and contacting them directly. I would also start dropping by the local office every so often to inquire about the bill, again in a non-threatening manner. Face to face visibiliity will usually move the stuck needle.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
joeynbgky said:
How past due is the bill? I would not have sent them that letter. Cause you will never get work from them again.. I have two different rent to own stores. aarons, and RAC, oh and i did have colortyme. all corporate stores... They always pay me everty 45-60 days. So waiting is not a big deal.. Superclean takes 45 days after they receive your invoice.

I got asked to do work for regional RAC stores, they wanted someone to clean all returned upholstery and go to customers' homes to do very minor repairs. They were paying the current guy $50 to clean a sofa and loveseat and didn't understand why he was quitting. I didn't even bother to give them a price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom