pay pal

FredC

Village Idiot
skips having to transfer money to the bank from paypal....just pay from the balance

they also offer credit

Mikey P

Administrator
PayPal has long been the leader in providing secure transactions for online merchants and payment options for buyers on the internet. Rising to fame in conjunction with eBay, PayPal is now the preferred type of payment option for over 24% of consumers and 43% of all online consumers claim to have used it at least once to make a purchase over the internet. It is readily apparent that online merchants can benefit from the reputation and extensive reach of PayPal by setting up a merchant account.

PayPal offers two different merchant accounts specifically for small business owners. The Website Payments Standard account is absolutely free to set up with the only fees incurred after a transaction has been accepted. The Website Payments Pro account costs $30 a month and allows consumers to complete their transaction on your website – a small cost for promoting unique brand awareness. With either type of account an internet merchant receives a variety of extra features.

Email Invoicing

This is a great feature, particularly for e-tailers who are selling monthly services on the internet. Bills are emailed to each account and can be set up as a recurrent event. Merchants can use a standard PayPal invoice or even create their own with Quickbooks. Customers are assured of secure payment through the PayPal website.

Payflow Payment Gateway

For any small business which already has a credit card merchant account with a bank or other payment processing company, PayPal allows integration to continue using this service while providing a secure link to accept payments through PayPal, as well. It uses 128-bit SSL encryption to assure consumers of data security. Payments go straight to the merchant bank account. There are various levels of this service but all options provide technical support, fraud protection, and sales reports at no additional cost.

Virtual Terminal

A virtual terminal works just like a credit card swipe machine in a bricks and mortar store. In fact, if a small online business is considering expansion into point-of-sale purchasing, a virtual terminal allows the merchant to enter the order details and it functions as if there were actually a machine processing the transaction but without the investment in equipment. Orders can come in via phone, fax, or mail. A custom packing slip is generated for each transaction making a virtual terminal easy, convenient and affordable.

More Features

Another advantage of using PayPal merchant services is the ability to process orders from international customers. Multiple currencies are easily accommodated and automatically exchanged at the prevailing rate the date the money is transferred.

Express checkout is also a feature popular with consumers. Much the same as Amazon’s one-click checkout, buyers can use their personal PayPal account to quickly pay for purchases. The more rapid the process, the more satisfied consumers are with the buying experience.

For the small business owner, often the most difficult component of increasing sales is the costs involved with accepting various forms of payment. By setting up a PayPal merchant account, there are no initial costs (when choosing the standard plans) yet an online business can look professional and reach the largest amount of consumers.

Reactions: Jason del Norte

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Because it is supposed to be two levels of security for the consumer Marty.

Card company being first.
PayPal being second.

Apple pay is what PayPal always wanted to be and Apple beat them to successfully rolling out and implementing the form of rapid "secure payment"

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
PayPal has always needed a device in order to facilitate an easier and some like seamless rapid form of payment that would be accepted by the masses.

With an iPhone with a fingerprint scanner, the poeple that are using Apple pay, have the confidence in the payment method.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am not saying I use it or even like it. I am just saying because it is an apple product the world instantly has some form of respect for it and by world that doesn't mean all poeple but most poeple that buy Apple trust apple.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I was told that because PayPal is not a bank, they are not required to report to the IRS. I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is it might be a big incentive for some businesses to accept it.

I have a PayPal debit card and use that. It is easier and quicker than transferring the money to a bank account.

Take care,
Lisa

Able 1

Name
Keith
Paypal can KMA, and really the only reason I'm not a supportive member here..

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Well I guess it's all good as long as you accept less than 20K and 200 transactions per year via PayPal...I suppose that's a great hole to let 20K disappear into if you were looking to.

Take care,
Lisa

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I use paypal alot, I work for waterboy(a bottled water company), they send me on a couple flood jobs a month and I just send them a paypal invoice which comes with a pay now button, they click it and pay it. I also use it for out of state customers who want to pre pay.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Using a PayPal payment portal lets you accept CC payments from anyone, regardless if the customer has a PP account or not.

No need to set up anything else to process CC payments, if you already to have a PP account.

They also have a smart phone card reader and CC processing app.

Paypal is as safe as you can get, and a very handy and versatile payment tool to have.

Back
Top Bottom