PC 650 HP 1,500 hr review

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Well as of about a week ago I turned over 1,500 hrs in the PC 650 hp. The warranty has run out now so wish me luck!
I made the decision to buy my new truck mount 2.5 years ago when I was experiencing reoccurring breakdowns from the V and the final decision came when I was down for approx 14 days and was at the mercy of a new UD dealer that seemed to want to just replace parts. So I told my wife from the viewpoint that even though we didn't have the business to justify the need for a second truck, we couldn't afford another big breakdown that caused us to get 33 jobs behind. So I started researching TM's and narrowed it down to 3 the The Titan 875, The PC 650 hp, and the SS 870. I decided on the 650 when my search ruled out the Titan due to way to many mysterious problems concerning shutdowns etc etc etc, ruled out the SS 870 because it was just to new to the market and SS couldn't or would't supply info on people who had bought them, decided on the PC 650hp after talking with 3 larger companies that ran 3-5 of these units and they all had to many good things to say about them. Also, was highly encouraged by JO & Harper.
First 250 hrs was used just for cleaning orientals at the shop and an occasional job on the field with 0 issues. At the beginning of the second year I decided to put it into service full time for the last year of the warranty to uncover any issues that it might have. At around 250 hours the first set of belts broke and I was alarmed that they broke at such an early time. I had read issues about bearing problems on a certain run of blowers so Interlink and I took it to a local factory rep in Louisville and found no issues so new set of belts installed and everything was fine. Did the 500 hr go over no issues and had them check the belts tension. At somewhere around 550 hrs had the PoS floJet supply pump caught on fire (nothing to do with TM) had it replaced under warranty and 100 hours later the new replacement went out. So I did some research and told Interlink that I didn't want another FloJet put in it and I would spend the extra to replace it with a Mytee pump that they ordered and replaced at around 500 hrs. Problem solved.
I have had no issues with the truck mount itself and love it. Although not as good of vacuum as the V it doesn't feel to be much less. I would buy another or recommend it to anyone else in a heartbeat.
I still take the V out for an occasional walk and plan to have both trucks in service next spring.
ryge8a9y.jpg

Last edited:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Is that a #6 blower in that thing? Doesn't pc also make an everst with a 48 gd blower as well? I ran an Everest at a jon don class but I don't know what setting they had it on and didn't play with it long enough to get a good feeling. What kind of hose runs and dry time can you get? I am happy with the machine I just got 34 hp 47 blower garage mount, but I dream about the day coming I can afford a bigger liquid cooled or direct drive and a new van to put it in. I have heard nothing but bad stuff about the hm titan , looks like in hind sight the 870ss may have been a good choice as well. Everyone on here seems to love them

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Is that a #6 blower in that thing? Doesn't pc also make an everst with a 48 gd blower as well? I ran an Everest at a jon don class but I don't know what setting they had it on and didn't play with it long enough to get a good feeling. What kind of hose runs and dry time can you get? I am happy with the machine I just got 34 hp 47 blower garage mount, but I dream about the day coming I can afford a bigger liquid cooled or direct drive and a new van to put it in. I have heard nothing but bad stuff about the hm titan , looks like in hind sight the 870ss may have been a good choice as well. Everyone on here seems to love them

It is a Gardner Denver Triflow 410 in the Everest 650, smaller than a #6 but plenty of airflow for two wands. Needs a round waste tank IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Have you used both trucks to dual wand your night commercial/restaurant jobs yet?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Ash, I hadn't 't been back on until now. Belts are doing great! Never fails when you keep a back up things won't go down...right! Haven't used both or dueled a restaurant job yet but I am certainly awaiting that big commercial or church job that we can use both trucks on.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Just turned 4K hours on mine, belts were a issue, but prochem changed there brand and that fixed that I do all my own repairs and maint that I can. Just R/R the timing belt, water pump while in there, plugs for the 3rd time,spark plug wires etc.Machine is still strong and runs great.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Just some random thoughts on this ...

I once owned a PC Cub. It was a nightmare unit from hell. I sold it after less than a year.

I hear that PC has taken steps to simplify their traditionally over-engineered units so they can be worked on by idiots like myself. I don't know if that truly is the case, or just a marketing ploy.

Never heard of a "410 blower", did I read that right?

I have no idea what kind of truck Billy put his unit in, but I imagine it was a box truck. Assuming is cost somewhere around $45,000 new (?), and his unit was $30,000 (?), then $75,000 was quite a bit less than the $100,000 to $120,000 that an Aerotec costs. However, I wonder if that $25,000 was worth saving when the performance difference is taken into consideration?

I also wonder if that Prochem will run as long as an Aerotec will?

Thank you Billy for posting your experiences with your truck. I hope you have long years of dependable service out of it.

If not, hope you can do like I did and find some idiot to buy it.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Marty, I choose a 14 ft Spartan box on a chevy 3500. I wanted to get away from being gouged every time something went down on the UD. I choose something I could get worked on anywhere and a TM that I could get serviced at Interlink in Louisville and not half way across the country. I am decent with a wrench so only need them in a pinch. The actual TM side of the V is straight forward with lots of room to work on it as u know. I have about 72-73 in it counting additional wands etc. so I'm happy

Mikey P

Administrator
UD ownership is frustrating at best. Most shops and mechanics dont even know what a "UD" is and when you tell them its a Nissan Truck they think Titan or Armada.

Piss poor build quality, ride, suspension, fit and finish.

But the damn engine will go and go...400 k on mine now.

The new NQR Isuzu on the other hand is a joy in every aspect.

I really love to drive it. Smooth, quiet, far far more power. MF'rs can take it for a spin.

Reactions: BLewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom