Pearsons Rug Rack!

Tony Dees

I saw your drying rack on Google images. I'm currently trying to put to gether a drying rack.

I want to use the ceiling in my shop. I have 12 ft eaves, the ceiling is open and on the top(other side in the attic) there is a 4x6 about 12ft long. I can attach some sort of hoist to this to hang rugs to dry but need some ideas. I would like to only us 1 hoist strung to both sides for a one man lift with out having to manage both sides.

I really only need one large rack, I get afew at a time, then none for a month or two. I currently have 11 in the shop and about 6 or 8 waiting.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

tim

Tony, Im sure others will chime in but look at the rack HP made for his own operation. I think it is in a video on the rugbadger website. It shows how he made his pit and made a rack out of warehouse shelving and pulleys. Looked like an inexpensive way to go. Hope all is well
Tim Fain
SFS, Jan 08, Roselle

Tony Dees

Thanks guys, but what I'm looking to do is use some kind of Block and Tackle system.

Already in the attic there is a 16ft 4x6 that I can attach to. I don't get a whole lot of rugs to justify the purchase of a rack system yet. Just looking to hang a couple at a time.

Does anyone have any photos or diagrams?

Thanks

GRHeacock

Here's a couple suggestions-

Start with a 10 foot long galvanized fence post- 3 inch diameter.

The fence posts come with an end cap you can fit the pulley to.

Get double gang pulleys- wet rugs can be REAL heavy.

One pulley on the joist, one on the fence post, for each end.

Use 1/2 inch nylon rope.

Use boat cleats for the tie-off.

And because some rugs when wet can be REAL heavy, do one end at a time- from the floor, halfway up, tie off. Other end all the way up. first end, all the way up.

Light rugs can be hoisted both lines in your hand at the same time.

Worked for me, many years.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom