Pee on matress

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Got a job in the am were the mans cathater leaked pee on the matress. Should I use the spot claw on this, or just deodorize and steam clean. I have been using the judson quart, works awesome. My normal pricing for this matress would be about 85. Thinking about charging 150 for this one.

RLitwin

Using the Claw would be a good idea. Make sure that your treatment makes it down as far as the urine went. I wouldn't make any promises on 100% removal. For the odor, I've had really good results with Harvard's Pet Stainoff. Stains on mattresses are difficult to remove.

TimP

Cleaning the surface wont get to it all if was a large spill. I'd mix up some quat-a-lot and apply heavily to the spot. You want it to go through the pad of the mattress. A spot claw may be the ticket or at least a hose cuff to dry it. I'd probaby flood around the spot claw to flush out everything. If the guy is concerned with the stain I'd apply some stain magic to it after the cleaning. One thing to keep in mind dye on mattress is done pretty poorly and let them know they may have color loss if you try to get the stain to go away. I'd think the odor is the most important thing however. Anyways I think you're on the right track.....best to flood it like I said and make sure the quat-a-lot gets to the smell as to not have to come back when the smell comes back, or worse yet they call someone else and you loose a custy.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Told the guy to do it in the early am so it's dry by bedtime. Should I be concerned with flodding the area too much, even with using the claw? Should I put an air mover on top of the matress?

TimP

Depending on thickness it wouldn't hurt.....although a household fan on the bed would be better than nothing after you left. Not really your problem once you leave though. It's a good idea to warn your customer (that's doing your job In my opinion)....maybe they can sleep on a different side if they don't want a damp bed to lay on. It won't be soaked after you leave if you do it right. Anyways if it's very thick it could take a day or two to dry.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

The best solution is to saturate the area with:

1. An Oxidizer

and

2. a oxygen-compatible actual Enzyme

If you don't have #2,

then I would use #1, extract with claw and then DynaCide or HydroCide or another "Cide" type product.

Larry

dave105 said:
Got a job in the am were the mans cathater leaked pee on the matress. Should I use the spot claw on this, or just deodorize and steam clean. I have been using the judson quart, works awesome. My normal pricing for this matress would be about 85. Thinking about charging 150 for this one.

Mix 2 oz of the 0-2 judson juice and 1/4 oz of quat-a-lot in a QT of water, soak the spot and water claw.

LES

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Household peroxide (3%) in a trigger sprayer, applied after cleaning and left to dry will pull the stain out. Also works well for blood stains. Let them know it may take a couple of hours

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom