Pee Pee Sisal

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
SURE what I did was the pp was sitting there for 2 days until I can get to it. Golden retriever male. Old dog. So I took some ammonia and water to raise the alkaline on the acid pee. Then you see the same tool because it is more thorough than the claw. And alot less shrinkage as well. I like to use kleen rite super x . It is ammonia based and self nuetralizing. I took my hand tool and flooded out the urine a few time . The smaller head allowed for getting into the tight woven sisal which is more likely to pertain the urine. Flooded it a good few times . Extracted extremely well. It was on a Saturday so I went back Monday to get my fan.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Super X is one of my favorites. Still remember the first time I tried it.

I'm always "nosey" about what the secret ingredient in any new sauce, so immediately opened it and stuck my big nose close. Nothing at first, then inhaled. AWGHHH!!! I cried and rolled around on the ground trying to get my breath, while my wife and kids watched wide-eyed.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Very nice job. I run into it a lot here because of decorators. I've had some success but it's hit or miss. Yesterday I removed dry diarrhea mostly by just vacuuming and using ro water. I still had some color loss. It was easier to deal with before they added the rubber back. It didn't matter so much if it shrank.

Gene

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Yes Gene it is hit or miss. The dyes are weak on the plant fiber. Acid will bleach it out and lose color easily.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
With crap (don't repeat to the client) like that should you push applying a protectant to them?

I had a divan cushion brought in a couple of weeks ago that was two months old. Nice high end piece that had a soda spill on it. Egg shell color natural fiber and it had a water ring where the client had worked on it. We test cleaned the side panel and put in in our dry room. It seemed to do fine. We cleaned the spill and after two cleanings the spot was gone. Part of me wanted to push a protector on her. Not just for the extra dollars but so if they ever had an issue again it would make cleanup much easier. I mentioned it buy didn't really try hard to sell it, just because it would mean applying a solvent base in her home and I wasn't too keen on that idea.

However on a natural fiber rug like that, wouldn't it make sense?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
hum? on my screen it looks like the rug has a light red stain now. In real life is the rug back to normal?

We dont clean sisal anymore but when i hear of success I get tempted to work on them again--

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Harry is the man at cleaning natural fabric and from our chats he does a lot of protector application for freshly cleaned and new fabric. I miss the days where he and Steve Andrews posted often about the neat jobs they did.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Good thing you are not an inspector. You need to do research before you post. Look at the pp in pic one. It is not up to the binding. Lighting is wonderful.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry Harry, please don't take it personally.
And I have to confess that neither am I an inspector, nor have I done a substantial research before this post. :icon_redface:

However, to me as well, it does seem to have a slight reddish color.

Could be the lighting, actually a slight reddish tint, a wrong prescription of my reading glasses (long overdue) or the current position of the constellation.

Please advise as to which it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom