Pembertons Rule!!

C&S

Name
Scott
Before you read this, I want you to know that they don't know I'm posting about them, nor am I being paid, or reimbursed in any way from telling you what they did for me.

So last week my tm started missing really bad, took it to a local briggs and Stratton dealer they didn't have a clue what was wrong with it. And the one other guy that I would trust with it is closed for the winter.

So I called my distributor and told him what the problem was, he was as concerned as I was. I still work full time at a job and also work full time cleaning in the evenings and weekends (gf isn't to thrilled about it). So he knew my situation, and then totally shocked me by saying he would open the shop for me on a Saturday (got his awesome guy Paul to come in) so I can drop off my tm to get fixed.

So Jim Pemberton, and Paul pulled my tm in less than 40 min, and let me take the van (as I have a back up machine I still need the van for).

While the engine was getting looked at they took a look at my machine they found I had a cracked flow meter, and a partially plugged heat exchanger (from carbon build up from the machine missing). They fixed those, then the local briggs and Stratton dealer found I had a bad head gasket in one cylinder, so its being repaired. Meanwhile I had them go ahead and change the blower oil, and look the machine over with a fine tooth comb. They even put a extra belt on the machine (stowed it away against the frame with zip ties) for when my original one fails, so I don't have to mess around with the coupler. Awesome idea!!!!

So even though I had some problems, they are able to help me get back up and Running!

So a big thanks to Jim Pemberton and his awesome staff for making this a painless fix.

I trust these guys enough that I drive 2.5 hrs one way just to have them fix my stuff, because its always done right, and always top notch service.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, I agree. While I can't do much business with Jim, the business I HAVE done with him had me come away impressed.

On the other hand, regarding that Briggs and head gaskets ... get used to it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There isn't a single person in our industry that I have more respect for then Jim. He is a CLASS ACT!!!

Oh and I am not being paid or reimbursed in any way for telling you that.

A beer would be appreciated though....
If you were being paid, what kinda money would it cost a fella to get that sorta sucking up? :very_drunk:

:winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes, I agree. While I can't do much business with Jim, the business I HAVE done with him had me come away impressed.

On the other hand, regarding that Briggs and head gaskets ... get used to it.

No need to oil the gasket when replacing..:icon_razz::stir:

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi:

I agree Jim is "the man".

Please is the head problem with the notorious Boxxer 427? I have one sitting here for repairs and am just wondering if Jim feels that a repair can solve the "defect" probem? If so what all is needed-does head need milling?

Sincerely,
Dale

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hi:

I agree Jim is "the man".

Please is the head problem with the notorious Boxxer 427? I have one sitting here for repairs and am just wondering if Jim feels that a repair can solve the "defect" probem? If so what all is needed-does head need milling?

Sincerely,
Dale
No you cannot repair away the problem of the 427. The engine replacement seems to help but it is still a 427. Replacement of the machine is the only long term solution. I wont buy one for anything but a parts machine. I would not rebuild and res-sell one. Our reputation is to important.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom