pepper gas clean up

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Just had a call to remove pepper gas that was released in a theater. Anyone ever do this? Seats, Carpet, Maybe Drapes. Any help ASAP would be greatly Appreaciated.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Careful on the drapes, cleaning them may require retreatment of fire retardant.

X2, a company around here got hit with a $5,000 bill from ruining the drapes about 2 years ago, I heard it from the guy that did it, and worked for someone else.. Personally, I wouldn't touch them.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Oleoresin capsicum is a pepper OIL.

Probably wise to wipe down any other contact surfaces with disposable wipes.

When I owned a Pizzeria in a PA college town years ago, just about every semester some d-bag decided it would be funny to let some go inside the place late at night when we were packed with drunk students.
Because we never knew where ground zero was, cleanup was as usual, and we never experienced any secondary contaminations due to any residual product.

One thing I can say based on at least half a dozen incidents, is that once airborne, the suspended particles are very light and stay suspended in the air for a good amount of time as opposed to quickly settling around the immediate discharge area, so the affected area may be large, but that may be a good thing because it's concentration may have diminished enough in a large open area like a theater to not be a serious hazard.

Still risky of course, so be sure insulate yourself from being liable for any future occurrences due to any residue, because it would be foolish to make any guarantees or promise 100 percent removal of something so widespread.

Reactions: mirf

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Drapes seem to be fine and not affected with direct contact. Focus is on seats carpet railings. Vented with fans overnight.
Going in now to start. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom