Pepper spray in carpet....

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a custy just call me and he son got ahold of some pepper spray and sprayed it on the carpet.. Anyone have any experience with this. How long does the stuff last?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
never dealt with it

but it's just hot pepper extract in an alcohol(?)carrier

I don't figure it would take anything extraordinary to remove it.
(but I don't "know" that)
soap and water should do it, no?

and "thorough" flush/rinse extract

since it's organic in nature (peppers), if any stains to deal with, something like Stain Magic would be in order I s'pect

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Capsicum oil in a solvent carrier is basic make up of a pepper spray so a good emulsifier would be my best bet. I would run an emulsifer through the wand and risne the heck out of the place. prespraying with a hydroforce type applicator could cause the oil to go airborne again and thus causing further irritation. I would make sure you have proper PPE on such as full face respirator of atleast a good set of sealed goggles and a respirator. And where gloves. cover any exposed sensative skin as well and you might well be served to mask off the area with plastic to prevent the oil from traveling outside of the room. (unless its a vaulted cieling)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
in part from here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

Extraction of oleoresin capsicum from peppers involves finely ground capsicum, from which capsaicin is extracted in an organic solvent such as ethanol. The solvent is then evaporated, and the remaining waxlike resin is the oleoresin capsicum. An emulsifier such as propylene glycol is used to suspend the OC in water,

Oleoresin capsicum also is used in foods where the flavor and piquancy are desired without visible pepper specks,

propylene glycol outta do it
or pret' near any pre-spray....

I don't know if you'll need a moon suit or not
hell..some folks eat the stuff :shock:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom