pepsi sprayers

Mr.V

am I the only one who still thinks these things rock???

just got mine outta moth balls,,,,,I miss using it

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I sold all 5 of mine when they where going for 150 bucks on ebay years ago.

Lester, type in "5 gallon keg" in google images. It is widely used in home brewing setups.

It can be filled with 3 gallons of pre-spray then "charged" with your air compressor or if you dont have one, just fill it with air in the morning when you get your coffee at speedway. Also a Co2 cannister can be used to charge it up, then shake it and you will have "carbonated" pre-spray. makes it work alot faster.

lesterj2

AshleyMckendree said:

Lester, type in "5 gallon keg" in google images. It is widely used in home brewing setups.

It can be filled with 3 gallons of pre-spray then "charged" with your air compressor or if you dont have one, just fill it with air in the morning when you get your coffee at speedway. Also a Co2 cannister can be used to charge it up, then shake it and you will have "carbonated" pre-spray. makes it work alot faster.
keg_system2.jpg

damm that thing looks heavy... but i guess you can attach it to something with wheels and roll it around...

Name
John LaBarbera
AshleyMckendree said:

"carbonated pre-spray" Didn't Chemdry patent that? I see a lawsuit coming. lol

John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
lesterj2 said:
damm that thing looks heavy... but i guess you can attach it to something with wheels and roll it around...

it IS heavy.
I haven't a clue why anyone uses or used one :roll:

It was one of the board "de juor" items at one time.
A board de juor item is a product, chem or tool that gets popular and lots of peeps buy and use it.

Doesn't matter if the product, tool or chem is worth a chit or not.
All it takes is a couple "popular" dudes to say something good and all the followers jump on the band wagon and extol the "perceived" virtues.
Whether they have a clue or not....

SteveG (?) called it the "pack mentality" on another thread

if you stick around the boards the long enough, you'll observe many board de juor items come and go.
Kind of like poly leisure suits....

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Larry I have to disagree on one of your point's, Yes it was a "Fad" on the Blue board years ago but I found them
very convenient compared to my 2 gallon solo sprayer. Because I could prepare 3 or 4 of them before a big com job
and it really saved me time.
Granted this is back when I went solely OP and needed 3x the pre spray I do now.

Also, Yes there are heavy when loaded with juice but you can put a long coil hose on it and leave it sitting there while you spray just like a cordless.

BUT Pepsi sprayers are also an unrealistic If you do not own a compressor.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
We used that set up in the 70's.
I was thinking about going back to it.
Funny that this thread got started.

One set up we had, we put a small compressor on the top and pluged it in. Worked really well.
Until it broke, which it did often.

But adding carbonation helps I think...but I would neeeeeever use carbonation...Does Chem-hack still have a patent on that?

Pepsi sprayers with long coiled hoses are great until a hose blows INSIDE a very nice commercial account and soaks down the ceiling and walls

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
AshleyMckendree said:
Larry I have to disagree on one of your point's, Yes it was a "Fad" on the Blue board years ago but I found them
very convenient compared to my 2 gallon solo sprayer. Because I could prepare 3 or 4 of them before a big com job
and it really saved me time.

compared to a 2gal pump up, sure.
but look at what you said,

" Because I could prepare 3 or 4 of them before a big com job
and it really saved me time."

three or FOUR of those heavy cans???? :shock:

not to mention the space 3 or 4 cans take up in van

if you had a good electric 3 gal sprayer, you'd waste time refilling as needed than "preparing" and loading in and out "3 or 4" pepsi cans.
Oh yea, add the compressor too, to an already crowded van.

if you like 'em, more power to you, Bro.
But I figure most the "pack" that jumped on the band wagon back then have quit using them long ago in favor of better options available

..L.T.A,

Mr.V

they're really not that heavy,,,,come on

and like Terry said park it in one spot and spray the whole darn house

I just use an air tank,,,fill it at the gas station and it'll last all day no problem and even at the bottom of the tank it has more pressure than a pump up

hydroforces are great if you don't mind soaking the place down and don't really care what dillution ratio you are using cuz they hardly ever work correctly.

I've also got an electric sprayer but prefer the pepsi

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Mikey P said:
Who was the first to CLAIM to use a Pepsi for ccing?

Don't know who claims to be the first but back in the late 70's I worked with an older gentleman cleaning Pizza Hut restaurants. He had a bunch of them for presprays and protectors.
It's just like an old fad someone makes popular again and thinking they invented it, kinda like 175's and green pads which we have been using since the seventies. Another is 4 to the door. Been using that one since we got our first Hydramaster dual cat in the eighties.
Nothing really new, just gaining popularity.

Greenie

I still get the odd phone call asking if we still sell them.

Like any tool, they have their place.

I stopped making them and selling them cause of what Mark Cermak said, not only the hose, but there was the "technician" factor, the plastic quick connects would occasionally fail when you would remove one, like when changing kegs and using the same spray wand, if you weren't observant you would paint the ceiling with prespray before you could get the plastic QD back on...that is IF the tech "thought" clearly in the heat of the moment.

I probably still have a box of parts laying around.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The "Pepsi" sprayers that we supply only weight 8# without hose & spray wand.

That is light for a 5 Gallon sprayer.

5galkeg.jpg

A 12 VDC air pump completes the package.

Larry

LeeCory

The Pepsi tanks would not be worthwhile for applying prespray because of the hassle of charging them 10 times a day.

However it is fantastic for protector only....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
We had a little cart that held the can and the carbo tank. and you could roll the hose up on the back. After some years, we took the carbo tank off and a little aircompressor sat ontop of the cart and we just plugged it into the wall...worked great for prespray.

Back then we put the protectant in the cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom