Perfomer 405 question?

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
Wanted to know if 5000 hours on a performer 405 would be considered low hours? Might be going to look at one this week. Asking price is around 10,000 with fresh water tank and pump. I think all reels are included too. Guy says its in mint condition with new heat exchangers due to freezing last winter. Thanks for any feed back.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dave;

5000 hours is probably about 6 or 7 years of daily use.

I think $10K is a lot for that many hours. The Nissan is a good engine.

Will you be doing the maintenance yourself ??

If not, I would look for a newer TM.

Some new TM's are in the $11-12K area.

Larry Cobb

R

R W

A Nissan 4-cyl should last well over 10,000 hrs, if well maintained. I shut down my 405 in 2003 with over 4000 hrs on it, and it was running well.

I'd be concerned about what else may have frozen on that machine. The pump, all the internal plumbing, the water box??

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have seen some performers on line with around 3000 hours for 10,000 so I think I'm going to pass that one up. I want to go with a performer or an apex but I only have 10,000 maximum to spend.

Kelly

I figure it like this, for each hour that machine has run its probably been close to a cars high way speed ...say..60 miles an hour. That means that the car actually travels 60 miles in one hour. So if you multiply the hours on the machine by 60 miles you get a whopping 355,000 miles. Here's how to tell if this is true or not. Kohler recommends changing the oil in their engines every 50 hours of operation. If you multiply 50 times 60 you come up with 3000 miles. Subaru of America recommends the same interval to maintain their new car warranty. How much is a vehicle worth that has 355,000 miles on it?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do not know about you but I idle my TM more than I run fulbore. Maintenance, testing all those hrs add up. So if it has 5000 hrs maybe 2500 are actually mid to high rpms

MerCrewser

5000 hrs is not alot for a 405. Probably half its life span. I have 4700 on mine, runs new. Make him an offer, 10k is a little steep. The 405 is a great machine.

TMDAWGLC

I bought my 405 in april for $12,000 installed and it had 400 hours on it. 10000 is really high.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
That sounds like a great deal. Figure going into the winter might be able to find someone looking to get out of the cc bus and wants to sell? What kind of heat can I expect to get from the 405? I run a 3ht on my unit now and the heat is insane. Will the 405 be less, better, or the same?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
10k is way too much money for that machine, I would say 5k would be alot more like it, when I started my business I had a chance to buy a performer with 3500 hours for 8k, I was getting close to doing it, then I thought jeez I can have a brand new smaller machine for 11k, I went with the smaller machine and am glad I did, look at it like this, with 5k hours, it really totally depends on the maintainence, the engine is likely good for a good deal longer, because its a Nissan however the blower exhaust HX will likely soon need replacement, along with the water pump, figure check valves etc, the blower could also be getting old as well, if the machine comes from a humid climate its likely rusted to hell to boot, the main HX could need replacement soon, basically alot of expensive parts could be ready to go or soon need replacement, If I wanted the machine I would plan on buying it at such a price that replacing a few things would not be the end of the world, however this is me, I have had to keep prochems running for years, I know the machines very well, if you are not mechanically inclined I would say pass on this deal as it could be a money pit

TMDAWGLC

I just had to replace the thermostat microswitch in my 405 and i can run 240 degrees all day long.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
TMDAWGLC said:
I just had to replace the thermostat microswitch in my 405 and i can run 240 degrees all day long.

if you wanna high powered single wand machine, the 405 can certainly get the job done!! you don't need a vortex to get enough vac and heat to run the hell out of one wand. as a dual wand machine I think the 405 isn't powerful enough though

Kelly

I personally like the 405. I cant count the money I have made fixing them and selling them.

Back
Top Bottom