permanently joining 2 steel braid 1/4" solution lines

JoeClean

When I bought a pile of used equipment from a guy going out of business I got a bunch of new or close to new 50' sections of goodyear blue and some of the copycat version.

I've always used a 100' line as my primary as I hate to worry about connecters in the house.

is there any kind of permanent connection that will join 2 hoses and not have metal sticking out to worry about gouging or leaking quick connects? Some kind of double headed compression fitting maybe?

If not, I always have a 50' on the truck too, so now I suppose I have a lifetime supply.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
you can use a union and slip either shrink tubing or just put a piece of clear tubing over it.

gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
Slide a foot or so of clear tubing over one end where you intend to join them, and then have a repair union pressed on at a fitting shop (NAPA, Oreilly's) between the two hoses. Then force the clear tubing centered over the metal union.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Use two of those black bend restrictors. They work better than tubing for me because the ends are tapered.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
mine is toward the end of the roll, but i will get a pic when i pull it off....

just put a female in the middle of 2 males :shifty::shifty: uhhh anyway

and then slide the rubber bend restrictor, or HEAVY shrink wrap....the lighter stuff will rip

ohh and i wouldnt do a union...the swivel could leak...where a regular male/female connection should never

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom