pet odor pre treatment

Bucey

Name
FFA?
there are alot of conflicting application here on the board with this topic.

here is my confusion...

when its urine....

pre treat with acid type due to the nature of how urine drys and wets.

some say not to use high ph cleaner because you would be just stacking and alk on an alk.

I would love and open qualifcation on this subject. why do you and or when do you on this issue.

thanks

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If it goes in as an acid, either get it out with an acid, or oxidize it.
The Judson has an oxidizer which is why it may be effective in light situations.

High ph cleaners are meant to do just that, clean, not treat urine.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
When it's moderately smelly I put some deo in my inline prespray device. In other words I add something like DD12 or Quat-A-Lot or ordorcide to my Powermax (the kind from Fibermaxx) and spray it down liberally.

When it's full-on-funky I fill a five gallon bucket with (water/detergent/deo) how much I think I'll need to cover the efected area and pour it down to completely saturate the area. Then extract with a waterclaw after sufficient dwell time obviously. Then clean normally.

Powermaxx is an eleven ph and it gets out urine stains just fine so that clean with acid thing was debunked on the old cleanfax bb by Gary Heacock years ago. I have never used an acid type urine pretreatment and never saw the need to. But hey if it works for you then do whatever works I'm just saying what works for me.

matt sheppard

i prespray w a mix of CTI's Urine Pretreat/ Odor Eliminator or saturate w OSR/ odor eliminator depending on conditions, scrub in and let dwell for 20 min. then prespray again with 02 or extreme clean depending on degree of soilage , flush like crazy ( or water claw) w softened water and multiple dry passes . finally one last light spraying of odor eliminator and a final raking and i'm done. i'll use my fans or just theirs ( if they have ceiling fans) . or the rare occasion i have to return i might use a little molecular modifier

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
When we are tackling rugs - we soak them in acid before we wash them. We try to flush out as much urine as possible from out of the middle of the cotton foundation fibers as possible before the actual shampooing begins.

It's what works for us in pre-treating.

Lisa

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I recently heard Lisa speak about urine in rugs. Prompted me to try white vinegar mixed 50/50 with water. On several occasions it worked like a champ on cut pile. Dumpted it on and clawed it out. Very cost effective. Lingering color damage is another issue but it surely dissolved the urine. On one job is was 6 or 7 months old; came right out.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Anyone using Rug Restore from pros choice for urine jobs? If so, what do you think about it?

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
rstrick said:
Lisa you mean like the pit is acid base solutions?

Like Scott says vinegar/water mix - and if you hate vinegar smell, Sapphire Dye Stabilizer & Rinse works very well also.

Pit or we use a wash floor - close the drain and soak it - or simply soak the specific areas. Depending on the likelihood of dye migration in other areas, you have to be careful soaking rugs that can bleed on you.

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom