PET URINE IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME :(

bianca

Name
western australia
Hi everyone,

Please im after some tips, info, products... anything at all that could help us with removal of pet urine smell from rugs..
The urine/smell could be fresh or old (longer then 3 months)
if you have any tips that could help i would really appreciate it :)
thanks

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Marty1.jpg

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
You are leaving out too many variables....what type of rug, what processes have you tried, cat or dog? Is the pet still in the home?
Are you cleaning it on site or off?

Pat Muller

Name
Pat Muller
If you are talking Loose rugs IE: oriental rugs then we have to think about using enzymes on them in the first place.
I have been in this industry for 39 years and have tried just about everything to remove pet urine and odors and have finally found something that really works well.

I am not sure about the Bozo remark as I really thought that this page was set up as an open forum to help all of us stay up to date on new products and processes

Is this a loose rug or wall to wall?

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Mikey P

Administrator
If you are talking Loose rugs IE: oriental rugs then we have to think about using enzymes on them in the first place.
I have been in this industry for 39 years and have tried just about everything to remove pet urine and odors and have finally found something that really works well.

I am not sure about the Bozo remark as I really thought that this page was set up as an open forum to help all of us stay up to date on new products and processes

Is this a loose rug or wall to wall?

Pat please understand that every family has it's "special" member.

Marty is our little wetard.

Please just pat him on the head, give him a cookie and move on.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
As several have said, removing the source is the first step. A thorough submersion washing for rugs that can be washed by that mnethod is a good step. There is another thread about when cleaning rugs by itself is sufficient and when extra steps are needed. For Oriental rugs, a presoak with Wool Medic is very helpful.

Products that are enzymes or oxidizers may not be appropraite fro rugs (but will be fine for synthetic carpet fibers).

Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim Pemberton is too saintly and diplomatic. I'd much prefer that Willy will explain the "Sutley" issue to Pat.
His will be so much shorter and to the point :winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I am not sure about the Bozo remark

Pat, the "Bozo" remark was for everyone who is not named Marty.

If he ever directly insults you, it's a sign of affection and acceptance, but as he meant it for "all of the above", you haven't made the cut yet.

I would happy to give you a list of things that will pique his ire if you wish.

One would be to finish a statement, then add a "PS" at the bottom.....

bianca

Name
western australia
You are leaving out too many variables....what type of rug, what processes have you tried, cat or dog? Is the pet still in the home?
Are you cleaning it on site or off?

they are loose rugs.. we vacuum first back and front then add prespray then hot water extraction
we have had both cat and dog urine in rugs
some pets have still been in the home and some have passed away

bianca

Name
western australia
thank you all for your comments ill be going through each suggestion and look into the products more.. thanks again very appreciated

Pat Muller

Name
Pat Muller
I recommend a thorough cleaning front and back,
Saturate the contaminated areas with a product like Un-Duzit Unleashed, roll it up and let it work for at least 4-5 hours then flush

bianca

Name
western australia
I recommend a thorough cleaning front and back,
Saturate the contaminated areas with a product like Un-Duzit Unleashed, roll it up and let it work for at least 4-5 hours then flush

You say to roll the rug up.. could you please explain to me why you do this??
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom