pet urine

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I have used chemspec urine contamination treatment to some success when dog's pee on rugs. It doesnt really work that well, unless I am totally not using it right. But I know how to read..sorta. haha. Anyway, is it possible to remove pet urine from rugs or upholstery in home or do I have to throw them in a pool offsite etc. btw, how do I become a supporting member for the site..as long as its 10 bucks or less, I am in. The help I get from you guys is priceless..

Thanks!!!
Jarred
aka..he who is learning how not to **** up..one thing at a time :shock:

matt sheppard

i've always used cti's products, especially for pet urine. the key is understanding first what type of rug you are working on and then following the directions (mix ratio dwell time etc). also you have to realize that if the area is heavily contaminated you might have to treat it more than once. check out the pro's choice website, it's very educational and detailed.

K

Kabluey

You have to get to the source of the odor. If you are just adding deodorizer with your prespray, its less likey to work. Alot depends on the size of the dog. Bigger dogs = bigger bladder = more fluid goes into pad and subfloor.

I pee spot may be a foot wide but under the carpet the size can easy double. If the carpet is one big room size piss stain then its best to replace the pad and subfloor and in most cases replace the carpet.

I use BioKleen Bac out and multiphase.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
yeah normally if its on a rug...there is no real stain, just a smell. On a couch is different. So i just spray the area with the urine contamination treatment and then extract it out. This rug happens to be wool. I just want a reliable method..sometimes the stuff doesn't seem to work.

K

Kabluey

There are 3 parts to a wool fiber, the inside being like a spounge. It can hold alot of moisture, so it can hold alot of bacteria that causes the odor. If it is heavy odor it has to be soaked overnight in a bath. Then extract and sometimes soak again. If you are not using the proper soil removal method for a rug the odor can hang out with the soil. The outer part of a wool fiber has scales that dirt can get trapped in.

Wool also contains sulfer that causes that wet dog smell. I suggest sub-ing out the rug, it may be alot less stress allowing someone else to work on it. I sure hope you charged alot.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
after i use the contamination treatment, i normaly rinse and clean the rug. If its onsite i just use either oneclean, or i will pre spray with axiom and then acid rinse.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Use the the search feature above to search "urine", and dedicate a couple of hours to reading most of it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I wrote a manual on dealing with pet urine contamination and odors. I will be glad to email you or anyone else who asks for it a free copy.

Please send me an email with something about pet urine in the subject line so that I will be sure to read your message. I will attach the manual to the reply.

scottw@bridgewatercorp.net

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom