Peterson Vortex removal

jimn

Ok, Here we go. (Shawn, you will like this shiteatinggrin )

I have an older Peterson Vortex unit that we are removing. The person that owns it had a new engine and trans put in it 5k miles ago and does not want to waste his money repairing the unit (these are his words not mine).

In turn, we are going to start removing the machine and ALL of it's components on Monday. The unit runs well but this person decided to have it removed and we are going to "clean it up" and install a Genesis DXT utilizing the old Vortex stainless waste tank and stainless solution hose reels.

We do plan on removing the machine in somewhat of a methodical way (if that is possible) so that if anyone needs any "spare/replacement" parts that they will be in good condition and inventoried.

If anyone has any good constructive ideas as to what to do other than use a sledge hammer and torch, I would appreciate it. :idea:

Have a great weekend!

Jim

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Shawn York said:
[quote="Mikey P":2zumcnri]I hear that Verga guy leaves a snail trail everywhere he goes.

Ron Verga is a friend of mine. [/quote:2zumcnri]

well that kinda solidified things !gotcha!

Bob Foster

jimn said:
Ok, Here we go. (Shawn, you will like this shiteatinggrin )

I have an older Peterson Vortex unit that we are removing. The person that owns it had a new engine and trans put in it 5k miles ago and does not want to waste his money repairing the unit (these are his words not mine).

In turn, we are going to start removing the machine and ALL of it's components on Monday. The unit runs well but this person decided to have it removed and we are going to "clean it up" and install a Genesis DXT utilizing the old Vortex stainless waste tank and stainless solution hose reels.

We do plan on removing the machine in somewhat of a methodical way (if that is possible) so that if anyone needs any "spare/replacement" parts that they will be in good condition and inventoried.

If anyone has any good constructive ideas as to what to do other than use a sledge hammer and torch, I would appreciate it. :idea:

Have a great weekend!

Jim

Plasma cutter will make short work of it.

G

I would guess it was in the design of things that V owners would just buy or lease a new one every five years so no thought or planning was put in to what the F do you do with a worn out UD or what ever truck and machine

Chris A

Name
Chris
If it's a 711 it's probably in a Bering truck no? I've heard their a bitch to get parts for...

jimn

Before photos, I will make sure to post the after photos when we are done. We are using the existing ss solution reels and current waste tank with a new DXT. Now the real fun begins!

If anyone is looking for a few decent used parts, I will have them soon but cannot guarantee any of them. Quite honestly, we have never removed one of these but are looking forward to it. All I know is that the unit ran up until the day it was brought in. It blew one of the hoses leading to the blower pump.

DSCN2376.jpg

DSCN2393.jpg

jimn

Jim,

I was just out there to make sure the gauges are in good working order. All of them work but the lights do not with the exception of the vacuum gauge. It actually lights up. :D

If you want the "pretty lights", I can have them repaired.

Tell you what, Make me an offer for the entire gauge panel.

My private e-mail is napej@powercleanind.com

Make me an offer "I can't refuse".. shiteatinggrin

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't care about the lights I don't work at night anyway....I just noticed they were the same ones I use and was going to toss them on a shelf for back ups.....

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I've got $150.00 on the whole control panel, let the biding begin.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If Erick has a need for the whole panel ..that's fine...I don't need the gauges I was just going to store them for a back up...I would rather see some one who has a broken one or needs the parts because they are having trouble with what they have.....

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Jim,

Hi, thanks I appreciate the offer, I don't need all of the guages either. I really only need the temp. guage. Mine is broke.
Jim Martin said:
If Erick has a need for the whole panel ..that's fine...I don't need the gauges I was just going to store them for a back up...I would rather see some one who has a broken one or needs the parts because they are having trouble with what they have.....

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I pm'd Jim Nape. What I'm really interested in is the chemical injector, temp guage, & a few misc. parts. Jim Martin, if I buy it and you ever need a guage, I'll send you one on the house.

jimn

Hey Mike,

I am trying to make sure I make it to Mikey's fest. I will PM you when we get closer if that is ok? If for some reason, I cannot make it, I promised I would bring some homemade Venison jerky and sausage and if I cannot I will make sure to send some your way to bring it for me.

We are absolutely swamped with work due to year end. :D

My schedule should be somewhat clear but then by then but who knows? I do want to attend! I would like to meet some of the people here so I am going to do my best.

Happy holidays!

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
jimn said:
If for some reason, I cannot make it, I promised I would bring some homemade Venison jerky and sausage and if I cannot I will make sure to send some your way to bring it for me.

Hey Jim - You would get more interest from Mikey if you offered to send him an Oven-Fried Breast Of Tofu instead of anything with real meat :lol:

jimn

Everything is out now. I was told by our service manager that the truck will not start and that there is no power to the vehicle itself.

I could go out there and figure it out with a volt meter BUT can anyone explain to me what you may think it is? I assume that there was a safety switch somewhere on the ignition but I am trying to save some time without having to "trace it".

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom