Phone Book Ad

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I just stoped my ad in the AT&T book and the other guys are beating down my door to get me in the other book that comes out 2 months later. I would be 5 pages back in the book. I think it would be a useless ad. My AT&T ad never did any good 4 pages back and would go dead after the other book came out. They don't like it when I called them a nessesary evil.

this ad is 3 x 5 b/y for around $1600 for the yr 1/2 price 1 yr
I think I would be better off doing post cards. What do you think.

Thank you

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This years AT&T Yellow pages looks like someone cut all the carpet cleaners ad's out.

Servicemaster has a full page and the it drops off, we have a quarter page and then hardly anyone else.

This is really unusual, normally there are 3-guys running full pages.

Then 2-pages of quarter page guys. Man, this category made a drastic change!

These guys are didn't go out of business, they just scaled back the YP.

It's going to be interesting to see if it has any effect on our business. :?:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm tellin ya, go to ATT website and get a "look here" ad. I have had one for a year and it works better than any other form of "big name" ads.

It cost me 400 bucks a month...maybe different in other areas and I am gettin probably $4000.00 every month give or take.

They give you a website with it and you have all the info to change the website or do whatever you want with.

check mine
http://www.service1carpetcleaning.com

I am getting ready to change it a little but that is what they came up with the first try.

Usually something like this you have to say "what the hell" a few times before they get it even close to ok.

Try it out.

Phone book ads are horible, always have been and are a thing of the past. Every pissy house wife has a computer and feels like she is queen of the world when she can find a good carpet cleaner on line.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I wanted to come back and say that while I did get a good amount of work right away, it has gotten better and better from the internet ad. I think that brand recognition thing (Like Ken Snow said) really builds when people see you more than once.

I had an ad with ATT online that was not as expensive as the "look here first" ad and it did pretty well. That's why I decided to jump it up a little. So you might want to go there first if you just want to try it. Something like under 200 bucks a month. Really nothing for the production.

And of course, answer your phone is number one on the list for getting a customer.

Just ask WillyP in the clean room thread.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did I mention that they partner up with Google, Yahoo and AOL when you get the look here first? Ok, now I did.

wow three posts in a row that weren't complete dribble. Although I probably could have said it in one.

At least I didn't think it was complete dribble but that's up to you to make the call.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I tried the yellow pages.com with my logo and moved up last year and got maybe 5 jobs all year. The year before I just had my name with more reviews than the rest and would get 2 to 3 calls a month.

We dropped the logo on yp.com and now I am asking for reviews online from my bni group and my goal is to get 20 to 30 reviews on line.

We have almost 6 pages of cc in a town of 250k. more than a hundred to choose from including coit who is huge here. We just had 3 new cc get their bis lic this week in the paper.

The phone book always brings price shoppers named Patel when you are that far back. The good ones are gone, unless every one is booked

Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom