Phone Book Call

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Holy Crap
Just scheduled a job from a phone book ad ("Free one") that will pay for the whole year of what it would be worth.
Nice.
I could be wrong about the phone books. :oops:
Older lady
Moving into a house from out of the area

Go figure

CleanEvo

Old people still use phone books. They also have all the time in the world to price shop.

CanYouHemiNow

Congrats on the job! But, if she is an "older lady" how many repeats can you really expect out of her? 2, 3 tops? :p

The preceding statement was an attempt at humor, albeit a lame one, and in no way conveys the true sentiments of the speaker, the management of this board or the American Association of Retired Persons, whose acronym is AARP which I always found mildly ironic and yes, humorous.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was talking to one of our MB regulars the other day who told me that the regular yellow pages was still a good place to spend you advertising dollars. He said it may be different up north, but down south folks still used the book.

He may be right.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I do use yellowbook and a local phone book, but NOT att yellowpages.. I just got my yellowpages book today. ( i didnt advertize) The book is half the size it was 2 years ago its getting smaller!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
joeynbgky said:
I do use yellowbook and a local phone book, but NOT att yellowpages.. I just got my yellowpages book today. ( i didnt advertize) The book is half the size it was 2 years ago its getting smaller!

LIKE THIS......... :shock:

S4011010.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
im talking about thickness . on yellowpages.. yellowbook just shrunk the size and made adds smaller still the same amount of content.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
joeynbgky said:
im talking about thickness . on yellowpages.. yellowbook just shrunk the size and made adds smaller still the same amount of content.

So you think it's a good idea - keeping in my mostly older folks use these books - to make the print even smaller?

Everyone I know hates the yellowbook and throws it away as soon as it hits the door.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
rhino1 said:
joeynbgky said:

So you think it's a good idea - keeping in my mostly older folks use these books - to make the print even smaller?

Everyone I know hates the yellowbook and throws it away as soon as it hits the door.

Y-Pages..are NOT is trouble from lack of consumer use....They are in trouble from lack of
advertisers.. They have priced themselves out of business... There are some GREAT deals
to be had in the coming years...resulting from internet ADs.

My rep. said that 30% of the ads were cancelled this year from "NON PAYMENT"...The economy put many small businesses out of business.. I was to negotiate my full page
ads ..40%..AFTER they were issued..!!! I offered payment in full the 1st installment...

As all of you internet guru's...Choose to go the cheeper route...with internet searches..
I will expand my YP advertizing...Capturing more of MY LOCAL market share.... :D
In effect you are DISCARDING...30% of your potiential cleints because they are NOT
INTERNET literate...!

IMHO...the price shoppers are on the NET...It is much easier to SHOP by e-mail...than
to CALL a company... After all..isn't to object of the game to make the PHONE RING....!
I would much rather compete with 50 cleaners in a shrinking YP book than...2000 Google ads... :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think Harp has a point...although I still think your better jobs will come from the internet.
I've had some small ads in phonebook just for reference but maybe I can swing a bigger ad for the same money.
Why not?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I wish I had dumped the YP this year and put that money into internet. I am really disappointed after seeing my YP ads in the book. The reps wouldn’t take no for an answer and kept repackaging the deal until it sounded good to me. Next year I’m not even going to give them a chance. Their market share goes down and prices go up every year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom