Phone not ringing!!!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Alright, I'm getting pissed!!! Everyone I talk to or read about is swamped right now and my phone is not ringing. I just got back into biz in the past few months, so basically my business is new again. I've handed out fliers the past 5 days or so, I've called on realtor offices with fliers. I have a small ad in local newspaper in service section that runs daily. I have small ad in weekly mag. in service section. I don't have thousands to spend, just trying to get the ball rolling. It's frustrating!!!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Flyers might take a few days to get people to call. I've had people call months after handing them out.
I agree with Mike, get that Internet presence up there. If you're not working, then you have time to work in it. Make a google plus page and get reviews.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Set yourself up on the free online directories like yelp, yp.com and angieslist, citysearch and as many other as you can and make sure all of information is all the same.

Make sure your google places is setup correctly and might as well sign up for google plus.

Visit some older accounts( unless you sold them) and just see how everything is going,

Make some targeted calls to any account managers you have worked for in the past.

If you have Facebook, use it to get the word out that you are cleaning again and post a special like 20% off so you can track where the calls are coming from.

Make sure your family and friends are cheerleaders for you, and are telling others they know that you clean carpet, tile, upholstery- so on.

If you are in the position where you have a real need or want for business you need to get back to the basics and have no shame to sell.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Go out and do demos and close deals!

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Previous clients is your quickest way to cash and momentum.

I'd ditch the local paper. I tried it also and it didn't do anything. Use that money to pay someone to call previous clients, if you don't want to do it!

Good luck.

We started over when we moved from AZ to Illinois. It sucked for a long time.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Angies list was big in PHX when I moved away. Might be a good start. Find out what friends/clients you have on there and have them write reviews.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Tap into where the fish are. That is where you need to troll for the easy pickings. Go for the major groups in Phoenix and form referral groups. Develop win, win, win situations. Friends talk to friends and refer friends easier than cold advertising. The internet is great. But, getting to the top ( Or even visible) in Phoenix internet wise could quite a long chore.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm curious about something....

some of you search for "carpet cleaning anthem az" .......

does anthem-carpet-cleaning.com show on first page?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It looks like there are 3 companies called anthem carpet cleaning. When his name is healthy clean. Is that confusing to anybody else? I don't know the area. Looks like Anthem has only 21K population. The main population would be phoenix.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Be sure to hone your skills so that your services are spectacular and desired.

Be personable and connect with the people you serve. Tell them you want more work in a subtle kinda way.

Expect referrals.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
the domain name Dave. Wondering where it's listed. I'm certain there isn't more than one anthem-carpet-cleaning.com

Mikey P

Administrator
Be sure to hone your skills so that your services are spectacular and desired.

Be personable and connect with the people you serve. Tell them you want more work in a subtle kinda way.

Expect referrals.

Curt is extremely personable and the housewife's dream of what a carpet cleaner should be..

If only he knew how to perform a dry stroke..

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Anthem has about 30k population. Within 10 miles there are probably 50k more in master planned communities. Everything built in past 10 years. The problem is we don't have a daily newspaper that anyone looks at, Anthem also isn't an incorporated city, it's a giant suburb. Lots of homes though so lots of opportunities. I'm just frustrated, when I started 10 years ago things were a lot different. As for my customers, they are very happy with my work. That's the last of my concerns. I just need to market and I don't have a lot of extra $$.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
He has 2 years after he last serviced them to call via phone. ( don't quote me. Find the law )
a well written letter in a white standard envelope will be less intrusive. And will get the phone to ring.

Ill return your call later today curt.

I agree with Mickey. Curt is a true people person. One of the most personable guys I know.

As for dirk witnessing curt dry stroking it. I always knew they shared a roomin Vegas for a reason.

Everydoor direct is an option worth looking at.

Door to door fliers are the cheapest and produce. But time consuming. But you have time.

Get a better online presence.

Use a good referral program with each new client and all past. Incentives to friends to get them to refer you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom