Photos of Honda V twin carb. Float wear.

Amazing

Hours and hours of use, and bouncing between jobs on the road has caused some major wear to the tabs securing the float pin.

As you can see the holes are worn, and nearly twice the size on one side.

Clearly the cause of fuel leakage from and over filling carb bowl.

carb.jpg

carb1.jpg

carb2.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thanks Mr. Becker.... now my previous post sounds like It doesn't belong here at all.

So the packing heat comment was about Becker's pictures showed a gun in the background in a holster....that is before he shrunk the pictures.

Now I don't look like an idiot. !dork!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
if the part can't be easily replaced you can repair it with a fuel resistant epoxy or go to a welder and have him fill the hole and redrill.

gene

Amazing

Repaired,
carb3.jpg

I'll take it apart in a week and see how it is holding up.

Engine/carb has about 1600 hours on it, but the 1st signs of a problem came about a year ago. Only until recently did it become an issue. But with play on the pin I can only imagine once it has some wiggle room wear is faster.
Thanks Mr. Becker.... now my previous post sounds like It doesn't belong here at all.

So the packing heat comment was about Becker's pictures showed a gun in the background in a holster....that is before he shrunk the pictures.

Now I don't look like an idiot.

Yeah, uploaded the wrong photo set, you replied before I corrected it.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:

Now I don't look like an idiot. !dork!
I noticed it to, but I thought Don was just trying to show off. :p

Amazing

Yeah, I was going to use Alumiweld but was not interested in using open flame on a carb.

I used a JB stick, steel reinforced eposy putty.

Tested the product yesterday before using it today.
Cures real hard in 60 mins.

I noticed it to, but I thought Don was just trying to show off.
If I was trying to show off, I'd have not pictured my Thunder 380 Bersa.

John Watson

Before I forget, Hey to Alex, bet hes almsot as big as you by now...

Little piss ant things like that used to drive me crazy, One time I was going to fill with brass and redrill some holes simalar to yours. Put it in a heated exahst chamber for 3 hrs to kill all gass fumes, heated to expand to get rid of the possible gas pockets before I lit my torch to braze up the holes, Just as I thought I was getting it up to tempeture to start adding filler metal.

The flippen whole piece went blupt in to a big shiney puddle,

It was pot metal, I think I still have that blob some where, Cost $100 back in the 60's to replace that carb..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom