Photos of the new Mytee Bentley

Mikey P

Administrator
Who was asking to see the latest design? I forgot I had these...

IMG_20150130_131800694_zpsb2ibwt7c.jpg

IMG_20150130_131735104_HDR_zpsd75v9zjx.jpg

IMG_20150130_131722812_zpsondxgde4.jpg

IMG_20150130_131710783_zpsr642rwax.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
The Bentley will have the same excellent air flow as the older model.

What are those plastic wings being held on with? Rivets?

Metal hole glide? Slot option?

Swivel lock out?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
What are those plastic wings being held on with? Rivets?
Looks like plastic rivets.

Maybe if you combined the Bentley head, Tom's manifold and swivel (what is it with Mytee's plumbing fitting fetish?) and Royal Man's handle you'd have something - not sure what - but something....

PlasRivet.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
Did they order THAT many heads? Talk about trying to polish a turd.................

Doesn't matter how great the airflow is if the overall wand sucks.....

FredC

Village Idiot
Damn...looked the same on my phone.......:redface:

seems like a lot of trouble to go through to enable a higher manifold placement.....................and then use the same Ace hardware brass collection manifold.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I can't think of a single Mytee product I've ever owned BUT I see what looks like innovation in those pics!

I'm using a wand less and less these days but I'd like to try it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Justin called me on a job today telling me to look at this.

ARRGGHHH...will he never get it?

"Adjustable" is French for always OUT of adjustment.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I haven't heard anything about Mytees Bentley wand after the show. They did redesign the head and the manifold was moved.
The joy stick was not completed and was actually made by one of those 3 D printers from Home Depot. It did break but it was not the final product. I have heard this was JUST a PREVIEW of the wand to see what guys said about it.
The handle/trigger I believe does have some potential, but also comes with its own unique problems when trying to use it, It will help with wrist problems but it is kinda hard to not pull trigger for dry strokes, and when you reach for the grab handle it puts wrist in a bind, but they maybe working on those issues now.
The swivel design is without a doubt built heavier duty than there earlier model, I would think the two piece head allows them to set swivel in it position,my guess is some sort or snap ring or C clip is on the Ti Tube adapter and when head is bolted together it locks it all into place. I think this newer design will out last there older version.
Mytee went with a ALL Stainless Steel CAST HEAD...like PC Quad and we all know how good the PC Quad head is right as far as pure toughness goes you could beat through your van wall if need be with the PC 4
So I think Mytee was trying to go in the right direction with that idea, but it made the wand VERY VERY heavy. The wands weight also transfers that back up to the handle and thus makes you notice the bind in your wrist as you go for the grab handle, and also not being able to let go of the trigger, the weight of the wand makes you have to grab on to it.
In all honesty that was really the biggest issue was the weight, if the weight was reduced the wand would be much easier to handle and some of the issues will go away.
OH as far as the rivets, those I believe are removable rub guards, so baseboards, or what ever you edge against has a softer surface and reduces the chances of the wand leaving marks on them.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In a pic i saw. That new Mytee now has a modification to the trigger bar. Now instead of the trigger running the length of the handle it now only extends out at the top to be triggered just by the trigger finger. Seems to me it corrects issue and then creates an other. Triggering just with one finger will overwork that one finger. It does still have the problem of putting all the weight into the web of your hand and that has to hurt. ( That is also the problem with all other top mounted valves ( except one) and the reason why they have not taken off. ) Inovation can be a long road and it has been a very long one for the Bentley

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom