Pic Uptop

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think it is the girls off a TV show...I know the one on the right played on who's the boss..Alyssa Milano..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mike you need to print those into 6x9's, have Lisa sign them and auction them too! :mrgreen:

I've always thought it was her. Look at how defiant for such a young little girl. :mrgreen:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I always thought that was Lisa also(love that pic). Should have it screened on a shirt with "chem who" art work under it...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Not me. I found the picture years ago on a website called Bitch, Ph.D. I fell in love with the little girl with he fire in her eyes, the determined thrust of her chin and that defiant, outstretched finger. When I was a child of that age, I don't think I even knew what that gesture was, much less how to apply it in such an artful manner.

http://bitchphd.blogspot.com/2010/10/ha ... tches.html

I notice the image is gone now from the site. It used to be in the banner. I still have it taped to the computer desk, along with pics of Mikey, Chucky....and the man who invented the Vortex all flipping off the camera with eloquence. Among the other items taped to the area are pictures of my kids when they were little, my dogs, and a couple of pictures of friends dogs given to me in appreciation of caring for them. And then there are the quotes...some quotes that I read everyday because they touch me in some way:

From the movie 2 Days in the Valley:
"It's been my experience, more often than not, that a loser has more honor than a winner."

From Eleanor Roosevelt:
"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

From Gandhi:
"We must always seek to ally ourselves with that part of the enemy that knows what is right."

From Laurel Thatcher Ulrich:
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."

From Gertrude Stein:
"Let me listen to me and not to them."

And finally from Florida Scott-Maxwell:
"It's not easy to be sure that being yourself is worth the trouble, but [we do know] it is our sacred duty."

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lisa-1.jpg

You've mentioned before it wasn't you but to me it represents you well. I don't mean that as a cut or a negative comment but more of a David & Goliath representation.

You the tiny little girl, standing up to a huge corporation instead of cowering to them. Win or lose you defiantly stood your ground, never waivering even though the odds were against you.

You risked everything and won!

Very impressive, it says everything about you, who you are, what you stand for. 8)

I for one am proud to know you and call you a friend.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Awwww....you guys are so sweet.

I am actually thankful for the conflict in some ways. I learned so much through the course of this case about patent law and more importantly about our civil justice system and how it is structured to favor the large corporation. I became aware of the plight of small soybean farmers and seed cleaners forced out of business by Monsanto for "infringing" their genetically modified soybean seed patents. Of the literally thousands of lawsuits filed every day (or not filed, in the case of plaintiffs that are small) that never go farther than a default win because a litigant, without resources to hire counsel and mount a meaningful battle, and overwhelmed by the complexity and unfriendliness of the civil justice system to the pro se layperson, simply gives up, even if they were totally in the right, because they can't navigate the system and take the risks.

I learned that in civil court, unlike criminal court, you have no right to an appointed attorney if you can't afford one....and a precious few can afford a good attorney through years and years of litigation. A large corp will simply win by attrition until you exhaust all of your funds, and give up. Thereby giving up what you worked so hard for invested your life into....and trying to find the means and drive to start over again.

I believe I am going to begin a campaign to make court-appointed counsel available to litigants where a genuine need exists, but the means are not there. A difficult task, in an economy where governments are looking everywhere they can to reduce spending. However I think in the long run it will benefit America by helping the small businessperson to survive in this big-box economy. There are small farmers losing their homes, savings, everything they have to Monsanto right now and I think they need a voice.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ ... 9O20110921

Maybe a blog would be a good place to start...

Mike and I look forward to finally being able to rebuild the business and hopefully not have any more trouble.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom