Picked up a Clarke FM-13 Today

Name
Brad Gouveia
So I came across a Clarke FM-13 today with a solution tank on it. It does not have a head or clutch plate on it. Seems to work fine otherwise.

Anyone help me out a bit. I bought with hope to scrub rugs maybe some encap too. I already got a Cimex for that and for the rugs I guess too but I thought for $50 I could not go wrong.

So if you have one or know much about them.

Can I run a bigger head on it like 17" or would that burn it up, would it even fit?

I also was researching and I think the clutch plate is the smaller 3.5" but not too sure about that.

This would be my first floor machine, any help would be great.

Thanks,
Brad

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Call Crandall Worthington at 2483988118 for any parts you need, including brushes and plates. I have one of those FM13s that I used to use as a backup for my larger 175 or when my back would go out and all I could lift from the truck was the small 13" machine.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
If I remember correctly the FM13 has a 1/3 HP motor. I wouldn't put a larger brush on it.
The clutch plate is unique to the FM13. It is 3.5 inches but not your typical configuration.
You should still be able to get the parts from Clarke. I think I might have that clutch plate.

Did you get the carriage with the machine?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I never used a carriage with the brushes. Such a mechanism would seem ungainly and impractical attempting to prevent a problem that doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom