Picky client?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Anyone else get a client like this? After the cleaning she went through all four rooms inch by inch with a flashlight looking for cleaning flaws and crawled her hands and knees feeling all the edges looking for remnant dog hair.( Vacant house they were moving into. The edges were all smoked up from the previous owner .That also had a dog.)She was able to scrape up a couple of chunks of dog hair from two of the rooms. So we re-edged and she could still not be made happy.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
did you face the baseboard and crack the wand at the end of the stroke lik i showed everbody at MF....
it creates a "vortex" of suck that will remove that crud from the edge.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rent her your TM by the hour. Get a glass of tea and turn on the TV set while she vacuums. :p

Seriously yes we do but its rare. Once you're in that far all you can do, is to do what ever it takes to please her and get out of there.

Then mark the file to make sure you charge extra next time and pre-qualify the price with her when she sets the appointment.

We can clean to any level a client might want as long as we are being compensated for it! I seriously have no problem going over it with a fine tooth comb but its going to be time & material charges or a very high sq/ft. If its what they want and are willing to pay, we can provide the service.:winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Dave;

Some people are just miserable and she surely has demonstrated that.

Don't let it get you down; just become "brain dead" and go through the motions on this one.

best always;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I couldn't believe that she was 8.5 months pregnant and she got down into the floor of every closet with the flashlight to feel the edges and check them out.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gawd I hope it ain;t yur kid too!

Forgot a closet in one last night and had to go back this am whudda mess!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
once she pricks her finger on a tac-trac..
she won't do THAT no more......gets infected EVERY time...ouchee

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
You're probably right Chavez. It really ticks me off too! I'd rather smile, say the cleaning was free and leave.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As I said can you imagine spending your life with someone so anal? Be glad they are far an few between.

We have picky clientele but it goes with the territory. Most are picky only the first time and after that have a level of trust and confidence in our cleaning. Rarely do we see someone that intense but they do pop up now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I couldn't believe that she was 8.5 months pregnant and she got down into the floor of every closet with the flashlight to feel the edges and check them out.

Her first child right?

I have seen the type!! When the baby drops the pacifier on the floor she will have to sterilize it before giving it back to the baby. With the 2nd one, she will just pick it up, wipe it off on her pants and hand it back.

I did a Section 8 rat hole last September. The landlord told me the tenant didn't even own a vacuum. It was a commercial berber style carpet. She told me she was vacuuming with her $30 lightweight, but it wasn't enough. This is why she called me. I pre-vacuumed with my Sanitaire dust cup machine. I filled a 13 gallon tall kitchen garbage bag with dirt, hair and I don't even want to know... The dirt formed mats on the carpet. I cleaned it like the nut that I am. I was putting about 16 ounces of mint quat into my rinse tank per 12 gallons, just so I wouldn't gag on the exhaust fumes of whatever nastiness I unearthed. As per my usual, I scrubbed the traffic lanes. This had a ground level entrance, but the unit was actually the 2nd and 3rd floor. I cleaned the first flight of stairs twice. Because everything was Olefin, I used the 13.2pH pre spray/bonnet cleaner. 2 oz per gallon overall, 8 oz per gallon on the spots, stairs and traffic lanes. She specifically told me she was not going to pay extra for any stain cleaning (there was red kool aid) but just the standard cleaning. I'd say the kool aid was diminished by 75%. Same with the bottom stairs. Seems to have rust stains but I didn't investigate. No matter the job, if they pay for deluxe cleaning, I clean all edges with an upholstery tool or my crevice tool. This home was built around 1900 and remodeled about 1990. There were no soot lines. I thought it looked great. Smelled 100% better too. She went nuts on me. In the closet was a 500 watt work light left behind by the painter. She used this to inspect my work. She beat my head in. I said to her I wasn't interested in redoing anything, but would taking $40 off a $200 job make these problems go away? You bet they would. It was getting late and she wanted to get out of this neighborhood before the whores, drug dealers and gang bangers took over the streets. Me too. More often than not, it is just a way to beat down the price.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Bob and Brian are correct! I've only got two(kids), three omg... I'd be nuts!

The lady is a nutbag.

Mike Draper

I've had 2 different crazy ladies who thought there were bugs in the carpet. Thousand of them. Both of them ( years apart) told me to get down and look closely and you can see em',:hopeless:. The carpet in both cases didnt even need cleaning, but I cleaned at their request and it looked like new before and after I started. They nit picked and complained that the bugs were still there, all I could do was be nice and get out as fast as possible. obviously they were both mentally unstable. I hope I never reach that point.:errf:

Bjorn

could it have been a case of over promise and under deliver ? So the customer had very high expectations?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Her first child right?

I have seen the type!! When the baby drops the pacifier on the floor she will have to sterilize it before giving it back to the baby. With the 2nd one, she will just pick it up, wipe it off on her pants and hand it back.

The second and third will get the spit thumb for small clean up and hair displacement.

Damn If I was a kid seeing Mom come at with spit thumb for clean up, I be like WHAT THE HELL thats nasty Biotch!
You guys would say "you said That?"
My reply "Aint nothin but a thang."

http://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom