Pics of my rigs TnT - Matt King Steam Genie

lonewolf

After being in the field for 20 years, I left for a new adventure. After 10 years elsewhere, I'm getting back into the field. I have taken the last year off and been getting my equipment together. I thought I would share my new toys!

Judson TnT -
I got this used from a guy in Missouri, who was getting out due to health reasons. I got it for $3500 including a new 21 hp Briggs motor. With Les's help I rewired it and repainted it. I lucked out and found a van in Maryland, in storage for 10 years with only 30,000 miles on it. I got that for $3200. I've added a belly propane tank to it. In the summer I plan on foaming it as well as a new wood floor. It really does a nice job and it's hot.
Also, I run the engine exhust out the floor and if you notice, I have a pipe going out the roof for the propane exhust. No, soot, no heat or exhust in van.

Picture770-1-1.jpg

Picture768-1.jpg

Matt King Steam Genie -
It's the last machine Matt made. Just happened to catch Matt at right time. He was burned out and wanted nothing to do with carpet biz anymore.
Anyhow, it's in a new van. I did the floor and a buddy foamed it. I met Matt in Indy and got machine. I installed it myself, took about a week. wasn't to bad.
It's needs a few cosmetics and a wrap but otherwise it's done. I'm waiting for a electric hose reel to come in.
Now, It's time to work on getting the phone to ring!!

Picture761-1.jpg

Picture757-1.jpg

Picture758-1.jpg

lonewolf

Thanks Dan
I sent u a couple of pms to talk about it, never heard back from u.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Nice setup, what is that foam called/cost I am looking to do something like that to my new van, can it come in colors?
Thanks!

lonewolf

I got it done for $400.
It is a yellowish color
I painted it white to b brighter
U could paint it any color u wanted

lonewolf

Not sure how many he built.
He is into real estate.
Although, now makes me wonder why I'm not. lol

Chris A

Name
Chris
The Steam Genie has to be about the roomiest design there is in a DD

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Captain:

I'm happy for you. I too look for these kind of deals, and then rebuild them. Lately though, I've really gotten burned by some. And have quit buying sight unseen.

Anyway, you've now got 2 of the most reliable units ever made. And I always thought that Matt was onto something. How does his post heater work?

In regards to the floor, I have a Butler that is already installed with Rhino liner under it. I'm now thinking it needs this type foam, because it will be kept outside. Please, what can you tell me about the floor foam? Or does it have even foam in the floor?

Thx,
Dale

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Captian. Looks very nice. What did you do to secure the hose reels to the rear doors? Certianly not just to the plastic?

lonewolf

Dale - The floor is 3/4" plywood with a fiberglass epoxy coating over it. This was needed for the way Matt designed the machine. U need the 3/4 height. The foam comes down and overlaps the edges of the floor by a couples of inches all around, giving it a waterproof seal.
The foam is a good thing for sound as well as warmth. The foam can we say be dented, so I don't think it would b good for the floor. Go with the plywood over your Rino.

Shane - Short of a pain in the ass, but we drilled through plastic, through a wood backer piece for stability and through the sheet metal of the inside doors. We then put long bolts from the inside out. So basically, we put the bolts in, then the plastic covers, then the wood backer plates and then hose reel mounting plate and then lock washer and nut. We got lucky as we tightened it down the inside bolt didn't turn. If it did we used vise grips to hold threaded part we already went past. When we were down we cut off any extra bolt off. The pain in the ass was trying to get everything aligned, but in the end it worked. I've had the hose reels on the vac reel and mounted on the floor. This by far is the easyest way and best. It gives me extra room inside the truck as well making easier to reel up hoses.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
beautiful! got a bright and shining steam genie sitting in the garage myself. Just about to put truck number two together hope it comes out as nice as yours Captian! Great job!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mr. 007 said:
beautiful! got a bright and shining steam genie sitting in the garage myself. Just about to put truck number two together hope it comes out as nice as yours Captian! Great job!
ya but tell 'em yor REAL NAME.........CRASH!!

glenboy

Name
GLEN
seeing that steam genie makes me warm and fuzzy all over,i love my steam genie pto.i bought it for 3300.dollars with a van and all equip 8 years ago and have been running it since,

T

The Magician

Nice job Jo. Did you use Matt heat EX? What kind of heat are you getting?

wired

very nice rig. You have everything you need to clean the dirtiest of carpet. Good luck keep it always looking that good.

Lonny

Supportive Member
A couple of nice looking setups! Good job, I am jealous.

lonewolf

Jimmy, Thanks about 210 although its cold here and yes Matts/Johns custom heat post blower heatx

Wired, I don't plan on ever cleaning any carpet but my house. I think that should keep it clean. lol

Lonny - Thanks, I bet u got a nice rig yourself.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Jo;

The SteamGenie install looks very nice.

PTO are a little most complex to install.

The electric reel will make it a breeze to use.

Larry

lonewolf

Thanks Larry,
Steve ordered reel on Friday.
Can't wait 4 it 2 get here.
Now 2 get wpo figured out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom