pictures of a clean savage set up

green guy

Here is a look at a clean Bob Savage set up. I am not finished. The inside will be more customized and functional. The trailer will also be wrapped.

allmostthere.jpg

greenmachineandtruck.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What Mikey said.

and, would it be possible to take pictures with a digital camera, that looks like a camera phone, kind of hard to see.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey my pics of the mytee waste tank was with a phone...so was the video

green guy

I will get some clearer photo's. Still waiting for hydro force holder ect..... Also will be getting a second vac unit for dual wanding. That farleys heater up near the tongue is incredible. With the vac booster this unit is very surprising. I still have alot of dressing up to do inside and out. I know Bob has gotten some flack over his van when this one is done it will be very nice.

R

rotovacguy

Well, at least the INSIDE of the trailer is green!...... :p

JK....nice setup.

CleanEvo

Looks nice.

Does that Element pull that thing OK?

I had a TM in a trailer... it got old real fast, pain in the but if you're doing a lot of residential, however for commercial it's not really an issue.

Are you running a generator or just plug in where you clean?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
floorguy said:
hey my pics of the mytee waste tank was with a phone...so was the video

Cool, but camera phones aren't that great with low lighting and when it's dark out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you're going to kill that Honda "regularly" pulling that trailer, Bill.
"Occasional" use, you should be OK, but regular use will put the hurts on it

you'll also be using appx 30% more gas

be sure you have the weight in the box distributed right too.
Not enough tongue wt and it will swing/sway at hi-way speeds and create a dangerous condition

the general rule of thumb is 10% tongue wt when loaded .
ie..if trailer and cargo "combined" weights 2500 lbs, you should have the load distributed so that there is 250 pounds on the tongue

..L.T.A

R

rotovacguy

meAt said:

Not enough tongue wt and it will swing/sway at hi-way speeds and create a dangerous condition

ie..if trailer and cargo "combined" weights 2500 lbs, you should have the load distributed so that there is 250 pounds on the tongue

..L.T.A

Bingo, Larry. I tried telling that several months ago to Gary T, who basically said the idea is to put the weight right ON the axle(s), which I strongly disagree with. My point to Gary was to put the weight (heavy items....tm / waste tank) should be as far FORWARD to the front as possible, WITHOUT overloading the tongue! Picture a wedge with the heavy stuff up front, gradually tapering to the back with your lighter items (hoses, chems, etc..) And those numbers vary totally upon what your vehicle combination consists of. My Ford Explorer has a class II hitch installed. The factory specs say good for UP TO 350 lbs tongue weight, and 3500 lbs total gross trailer weight.

I just may not have been as eloquent with my words with Gary T. :mrgreen:

I think maybe we were trying to say the same things, just in different words!.. :D ....I got the impression from him that his setup is tail heavy having the TM right over the axles, with the lighter stuff up front.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
rotovacguy said:
meAt said:

..L.T.A

Got to love the great advice you get on this board.

Bingo, Larry. I tried telling that several months ago to Gary T, who basically said the idea is to put the weight right ON the axle(s), which I strongly disagree with. My point to Gary was to put the weight (heavy items....tm / waste tank) should be as far FORWARD to the front as possible, WITHOUT overloading the tongue! Picture a wedge with the heavy stuff up front, gradually tapering to the back with your lighter items (hoses, chems, etc..) And those numbers vary totally upon what your vehicle combination consists of. My Ford Explorer has a class II hitch installed. The factory specs say good for UP TO 350 lbs tongue weight, and 3500 lbs total gross trailer weight.

I just may not have been as eloquent with my words with Gary T. :mrgreen:

I think maybe we were trying to say the same things, just in different words!.. :D ....I got the impression from him that his setup is tail heavy having the TM right over the axles, with the lighter stuff up front.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rotovacguy said:

I must of missed that thread, Telly
anyway, it's fine to load over the axle.."AS LONG AS" there's enough gear in the nose to get to10%

I've seen guys almost loose it going the hi-way pulling trailers due to swinging side to side.
i now it was because they didn't have enough tongue wt

maybe you should of referred Gary to his nearest RV/camper dealer.
They'd would help set him straight

..L.T.A.

Ryan

meAt said:

..L.T.A

That trailer can't be that heavy.. 1500lbs loaded maybe?

Brett

2010 Honda Element on cars direct shows 675lb payload for the element and 1500lb max trailer weight. But your payload, which is your weight and any other people in the car plus any other items your carrying in the car, the weight of the element itself with fuel, and the weight of the trailer itself including all the items in the trailer cannot exceed Gross Cargo Weight Rating. That rating should be on you driver door sticker. Take your trailer and element to a public scale and weigh it before you add anymore money and equipment into it unless you can get a larger tow vehicle. Without even knowing what your current weights are, I'd say your already illegal

R

rotovacguy

meAt said:
rotovacguy said:
anyway, it's fine to load over the axle.."AS LONG AS" there's enough gear in the nose to get to10%

..L.T.A.

Exactly, I agree. The thread was from a few months ago, from when John Olson put that Sapphire TM in a trailer. Gary questioned the tongue weight of the unit, and I simply replied saying it looked just fine to me. I won't go into the details, but to make a long story short, let's just say me and Gary agree to disagree about loading trailers. It was my job, my livelihood, for 15+ years to load commercial trailers for a major LTL trucking company to the absolute maximum they could WITHOUT OVERLOADING any of the axles. We would routinely get to within 100 lbs per axle on an 80,000 lb gross.....not an easy thing to do. So you can say I have a tad of experience in that area, and even though the "big trucks" carry much more weight than a small unit like Bill's here, it's ALL RELATIVE, just on a smaller scale!

So yes, you CAN load a good amount of weight over the axles, provided the proper weight is stationed up front, as you mentioned. I used to pick up loads of steel for a custy of Kohler Generator outside of Chicago, and would place 2 pallets of steel side by side (about 9,000 lbs between the two skids), RIGHT OVER the trailer axles.....AFTER I already had a good 30,000 lbs of steel in front of it to properly keep my tractor planted to the ground! The loads would usually gross 79,200 - 79,500, just under the 80,000 gross limit. We even had to place small metal "spikes" under the skids which would grab into the wooden floor to prevent the skids from sliding and throwing off the weight distribution if you had to lay on the brakes hard, which is pretty common in that cesspool called Chicago!... :p ... There is no way in hell I would have loaded that kind of weight on the axles without a proper head load. I got the impression from Gary that he had a very tail heavy trailer, which would act like an out of control pogo stick, and be unsafe. His defense was that the place he bought it from loaded it that way, and they did it for many others, so it HAD to be right. :roll:

Anyway, without seeing actual pics of Gary's trailer it's hard to determine, it just "sounded" tail heavy. He said it pulls fine, which is good, I hope it does, and that it is safe. As for Bill's trailer here, he has the right idea of putting the heavy object (is that a heater unit?) up front for that tongue weight, provided his Honda is designed to pull it. Is it? That trailer completely empty is probably around 1500 lbs (is that a 6' X 10'?) Not sure what the other stuff in there weighs. Too many variables. But as Brett stated, you should go to a local scale and check it out just to be sure. And you can also purchase a scale for the tongue of your trailer at most trailer dealers.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Great looking setup Bill.

The heaviest piece of equipment in the SAVAGE Truckmount setup is the heater, just over 200 lbs.

With everything else I see in that trailer in the picture, the recovery tank with APO, the vacuum booster, the hose reels, the chem shelf, etc., there isn't over a total of 400 lbs. of total weight in there, with the heater being the item all the way forward, at the tongue. There are also LP tanks on the tongue, just like an RV.

Thanks for your concerns though, as everyone wants to make sure their rig is as safe as possible.

green guy

Not sure how old you are now Bob. A major concern for the future of my brand is the availability of this tm. Any thoughts on God forbid something happened to you how would this awesome idea be perpetuated? thanks again.

Brett

Looks like 14 one gallon chem jugs on the top two shelves at 8.33 lbs a gallon when full equals about 117 lbs. Plus the 3rd shelf and stuff under it. Your pushing 200 lbs with the rack and chems, plus your heater at 200, that's 400lbs or pretty close to it for those two items only. This shit adds up fast. No rotary, fans, op, crb, tools, bonnets, generator, flood equip. etc. loaded yet. That trailer will probably weigh 2500-3000 lbs. when its fully finished and loaded. Way to much for that element.

green guy

No doubt about that. With the added 500 lb per side of suspension and the trans cooloing kit I should make the short few months I need the element. It comes down to driving like an old lady really. Awesome of you to take the time to scope it out Brett. I will change over after a 144,000 sq ft mega church in April. You guys are great though.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
green guy said:
No doubt about that. With the added 500 lb per side of suspension and the trans cooloing kit I should make the short few months I need the element. It comes down to driving like an old lady really. Awesome of you to take the time to scope it out Brett. I will change over after a 144,000 sq ft mega church in April. You guys are great though.

good job, GreenDude

.L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom