Pile Lifter or Regular Vac

Joe Couch

I have been debating on whether or not to buy a pile lifter. Are they worth the money and do they really do that good of a job? Do you guys that use them recommend a certain brand over another?

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Hey Joe, How is everything going since strategies??
The Pile Lifter is a great tool and the vacuum is a necessity!
I use my pile lifter on heavy commercial jobs and area rugs from time to time!.

I hope this helps and all is going well.

All The Best, Rob

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got one....................$1500 used it a month and it is collecting dust in the corner......I like the way it stood up the carpet if it was crushed but as far as the vacuum it was a waste.......................

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
contrary to popular belief, a pile brush is NOT a great vacuum.

They excel at digging impacted soil from a rug, but aren't great vacs

oh yea, which is the best one?

Certified Pile Brush is THE best...PERIOD
( I think there's a Cert PB knock off too, for le$$)

Though I don't know if it's the same quality as a Certified

look for a used one.
There's a bunch around just like Jim's.
Guys buy them thinking they're something they're not, then get buried in the shop never to get used again.

I bought ours completely rebuilt and like new for $500

..L.T.A.

Joe Couch

Hey Rob everything is going great. The best thing that I have done for my business is go to the strategies class. I have completely revamped my business and could not be more happy.

Stevea

Joe,

While it is just my opinion, I feel getting a CRB machine is much more practical and more useful than just a pile lifter. The pile lifter is heavy and bulky, (I do own one and use it occasionally), and it is a poor vacuum. So, to perform properly you will need to follow it up with a regular vacuum. With a CRB machine, you can also pile lift and use it for other activities and it is very easy to use, so one tends to use it more.
If you would like to see a video clip, email me and I will be happy to send it to you to view. If you do pile lift and vacuum, you will make a major improvement in your overall cleaning and customers tend to really like the show. This is all just my opinion but I have been using pile lifting and CRB machine for a lot of years and the results are great.

SA

Joe Couch

I checked out some web sites on the CRB machine and it seems like a good idea and it's priced around the same price as a pile lifter.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joe;

The Certified Pile Brush has a 1HP vac motor just for vacuum power.

It does have several seals that need to be kept in shape. Most of the ones I see in our service dept. have not been maintained.

And if you want the BEST vac, you can also hook up the TM to the Certified Pile Brush.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry, I know you want to sell some pile brushes or parts for them

but you personally don't use them in the "real world" do you?

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Pile lifters are great tools, we used them for years, they can stand up the pile and remove tons of loose fiber and grit. But because of their size, weight most are in the salvage pile.

Back in the old days we had Hild pile lifters, then later Certified, the Certified was definitely a better unit, but they are more of a luxury than a necessity.

For the money there are probably better ways to go!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You need a vacuum.

You need a pile lifter if you clean rugs, want to thoroughly clean heavily impacted carpet, or if you just want to make a show of using something the homeowner doesn't have.

A Certified pile brush will be relatively expensive, but will last 25 years.

PS: I'll ditto Larry's comment about maintenance. I regularly go into rug cleaning shops and see the pile lifter with a dust bag so full that it's hardened into something like Styrofoam. A fellow cleaner was complaining about what an expensive piece of garbage his pile lifter was, and didn't realize one of his techs had taken the bottom plate off and lost it. They had been using it that way for three years.

They don't work so well like that.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Mine are used in stationary locations.No need to move them out and into the vehicle...
Basically they are great for large open areas where poor vacuuming by employees and high traffic areas are a major concern...

A very useful tool when utilized where needed...Just a welcome addition to the arsenal...But for purchase prices you can purchase them new.?But as stated above there is a great surplus collecting dust used.Find one revamp with parts.From a great supplier such as Cobbs and have at it for less money invested...

But for a nice vacuum, Jimmy mentioned the sanitaire in a earlier post...But in vacuums as you know shop wisely and buy the type that best suits your style.Still would like see the kid who collects them on the hot seat...Amazing Kid,Amazing Collection...Caes...

tim

I have the certified pile lifter. It does lift pile! It is a very, very mediocre vacuum. I have had customers tell me how great the carpet looks after using it, thinking it had been cleaned. It is also impressive to the customers as they have never seen such a heavy weight vacuum. I use the proteam upright and the procaps deluxe to pile lift and aggitate. It is lighter weight but not as aggressive. I just couldnt justify the space on the truck just to pile lift

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Meat;

When I cleaned commercial carpet, we used the Pile Brush on EVERY job.

It is still recommended by the mills for commercial maintenance.

Many people were amazed at the results from "lifting the pile".

They thought it was the cleaning machine.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
Meat;

Many people were amazed at the results from "lifting the pile".

Larry

well duh!
That's what it does.
I own and we use one.

It's just not a very good vac.
It's good "sweeper" but not a good vac

My cert PB is like brand new.
Every seal, belt, brush, bag and even the cord is new.

I also hook it to the TM

a great vac, it ain't!
That would seem to be the general consensus of most others as well.

This is getting similar to your flood jet posts.
everyone who uses or has used a wand w/flood jet says the spray impact is heaviest in the middle.
That's my observations as well.
You say it's on the out sides.

Maybe something is different in Larry Cobb Land from the rest of world??

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

If you hook up a Pile Brush to a TM vacuum...

and the Pile Brush has a decent brush and no vac leaks...

then I would say it IS a great vac.

I have used them to vacuum tons of Capture out of commercial carpet when most vacs would miss 90% of what I removed.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom