PIMPED MY FILTER

The Preacher

It worked well Greenie. lots-o-suck! I flipped my filter around after drilling the relief holes in the end of the SS mesh insert.

did my house this afternoon and it dried FAST. I used my 012 jeted quad jet and did SLOW rinse passes.

i noticed that when i have too much vacuum i have to PRIME the APO to get it flowing.

Scott Rogers

He turned his hydro filter (pool filter) with stainless screen backwards so the open end of the stainless screen faced the TM instead of the wand. That way the debris loads up on the out side of the filter screen instead of the inside of the filter screen, he also drilled holes in the black plastic bottom of the stainless filter screen to allow better air flow.

Scottie

It is still 1.625 inch internal diameter no matter how you cut it, drill it, turn it, or sock it. Reduction in flow? :?

The Preacher

Scott R nailed it. i have a 36 blower on my DooDaddy Mount and every little bit helps. when running it at top RPM it will pull about 14hg on my gauge.

i won't put a kunkle on it because i don't know that it would help an already strong system. the small recovery tank really works well with the 36. Duane did a good job designing this system.

FastEddie

"and you will dry a carpet 5 minutes faster but take 1/2 hour longer to set up and tear down"

Maybe with your equipment

Greenie

cool Danny, glad I was able to help someone today.

Don't kunkle your system, I'm not sure the pump out can handle the vacuum increase on a small tank, there can be issues.

G

Need new address

Danny, did you move? Everything I send to you comes back. What is the right address.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I don't get why reversing the filter helps. The air still has to go through the same thing, the crap is just on the other side. Someone edumacate me on this.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am in the same sinking boat as Dirk

I would think that reverse, upside down and/or backwards you are still sucking threw the same size hole's ?????????????

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
IMO, it's just as easy to clean the other way. You can put panty hose on the inside, or outside of it. When on the inside, all the crap balls up in the bottom of the p/h. Just pull the p/h out and replace after a job.

Either way, I hope the reversal does work. I canned my filter a few weeks back because it was just killing too much vac.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't use mine much anymore But I did the same thing and lined it with a knee high.........................easy clean easy change for the next job

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I somewhat understand drilling the holes, but don't understand flipping the filter.

Does this have anything to do with air flow or easier cleaning?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I forgot to mention the holes. Yes, that makes sense to me. They make for a straighter path for the air and that seems like it should help. Flipping it though.....a mystery.

FastEddie

If you had the holes drilled and didn't flip it, it would fill up with debris and clog the holes first.

Greenie

"It's a Greenie thing"

ROFLMGreenAO!

Hey guys, it's a volume thing. You have more surface area outside the stainless basket, than you do inside of it.

As for flipping it around so the black bottom faces the wand end, due to the configuration of the pool leaf filter housing, in this position as it fills with debris, the debris tends to gather at the end, away from the actual basket mesh, keeping more of the filtration area open.

Also you can wipe the nylon off quickly and leave it, you don't have to remove and discard each time, a nylon will last for weeks.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got some nylon stockings on my blower filters...PITA to get on and off..

I was not aware that they came in different WIDTHS....

I asked Paula if she would get me some King size...

She said I would have to got up to Frisco to get Kings.. Down here you can only get Queens..

Lol....

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I pitched the SS filter and use the sock with the nylon

5 minutes is 5 minutes, I just do a little more overlap with the dry stroke, seems to be the same

Greg Loe

How many holes and what size holes do you put in the end of the filter?
Is there a pattern?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I did mine long time ago.....

opened the ends............
drilled the filter

wrap with nylon....easy change during or in between jobs.

it's the only way to flow

100_3746.jpg

100_3747.jpg

100_3748.jpg

100_3749.jpg

T

The Magician

Nice job Jim. Q, will the holes clog and how much junk will the holes let in thru to your SS blower filter?

Now you see the dirt....But Where??

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We've modified a few to 2.5" Inlet and Outlet barbs. We offer the filters already modified.

You could also use 2" thinner barbs.

Larry Cobb

Back
Top Bottom