Pine Sol

I cleaned a tile floor a couple days ago and the result was a disaster. The floor still looks very stained. I explained to the customer before cleaning that the floor may still look stained after cleaning and that color sealing may be the only way to correct the staining. It is completely my fault for not test cleaning a small area first. I used viper renew. I should have stripped the floor first. I am going back first of next week to color seal the tile. Should I strip the tile to see if I get a better result, or should I just color seal and be done with it? The customer has been mopping a couple times a week with pine sol.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
pine sol is made from a pine oil dirivitive (did i spell it right??)

so if it wasnt sealed before, then it may have soaked in the oil..

so you went with an acid before the alky???

try an alky on it, stripper shouldnt hurt.

Obviously the floor is stained from the pine sol. Will a stripper and good scrub remove the staining or should I just color seal it and be done? And yes I used the Viper Renew because in the past that stuff would cut through anything and make the tile look brand new. Knowing what I know now, I will always test clean a spot to see if the floor needs to be stripped first. I guess I am going to color seal the floor. The grout is light grey. What would be a good clor choice. I am looking at a color called CC-Executive Grey.

G

Also tell custy to mop with a rinseless cleaner such as Mr. Clean Multi Surface cleaner; or my Favorite is Proforce Rinseless Cleaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom