Pink , Pink , all over the place

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
A customer calls me 1 month after the cleaning and asks me to come look at his carpet. When I looked at the carpets their was light pink stains , like wine stains had wicked up, all near the kitchen area, this is the 1st time this has happed to me, usually coffee or cola wicking back up.
He said they drink wine , but not that much where all this pink stuff would come back up.
Any Idea's?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Weebco said:
A customer calls me 1 month after the cleaning and asks me to come look at his carpet. When I looked at the carpets their was light pink stains , like wine stains had wicked up, all near the kitchen area, this is the 1st time this has happed to me, usually coffee or cola wicking back up.
He said they drink wine , but not that much where all this pink stuff would come back up.
Any Idea's?

"RESOLVE"....it disrupts dye blockers...& pulls cOlOr....If it is a beige carpet...it turns it PINK..!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And if it was green.. it creates orange!!! :shock:

Lady tried to say her carpet was loosing dyes... (because her old carpet cleaner told her that! :roll: ) She was using ReSolve on her carpets and combined with the dog urine accident, was bleaching it out.

Another possibility is it could be an indicator dye that has reared its ugly face... What products did you use and did you leave it in an acid state or use a detergent to rinse ?

Or has the customer used anything since you left?

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I used Larry's power max as pre spot, then steam cleaned it, then put solvent protection as last step. Carpet was white. Pink only showed up in front of the kitchen counter and kitchen entrance, where bar stools where. Thats why I suspected wine spills. But I never had one wick on me with pink.

Name
R.J. Povio
we had a newer white berber turn pink. We then rinsed areas with an acid rinse. We then sprayed browning control on it. It would go away then come back. We did this about 3-4 times (rinsed only once but sprayed browning control 3-4 times). She then called the carpet rep out to inspect it. They replaced the carpet free of charge, saying it was defective and should not have done what happened to it. The custy never spilled anything on the carpet either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom