Plant stain... with pics

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a custy this morning that called me after she had soaked this spot with Resolve:
001-7.jpg

I rinsed the area with water claw and wanded it and:
002-7.jpg

and the offending pot.
003-5.jpg

I sprayed it down with 40vol. and put plastic over it what else can I use? Reducer? If so any suggestions?

G

Looks like the dye on that wicker bled,as a last resort try lower volume peroxide and then heat it(preferably with a steamer)otherwise you can use a knife :D

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
If peroxide doesn't totally work, try a reducing agent. (Moderators note: John should recommend a specific product here, but he looks smarter if he just says "reducing agent".) See if you can reduce the browning then if they have repair, listen to Kevin :lol:

Kevin P said:
otherwise you can use a knife :D

While it may be a bit of a challenge to some lining up the pattern, that will help you get a very good repair that depending on the similarity of the donor (if they have any) would be almost invisible.

John

TimP

Tannin remover, or reducer will work, you may have to apply and leave it a few times.....if not the spot is there IMO

Moderators note: Again, these guys don't really help much when they say things like this. They should help you by giving a specific product name, but, dang it, they just look so cool when they say "reducer".

Name
I'm Rick James
Able you should get a Safe Connect Quick Coupler for your lead line, instead of the quick connect. They are 15 bucks online. You dont have to worrry about burning your hands or scratching floors.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
TimP said:
Tannin remover, or reducer will work, you may have to apply and leave it a few times.....if not the spot is there IMO

Moderators note: Again, these guys don't really help much when they say things like this. They should help you by giving a specific product name, but, dang it, they just look so cool when they say "reducer".

Tim, being from down under, I'm exempt from that rule due to different products etc.

Sure some products will overlap but we get stuff that you guys don't and even more so, visa versa.

In fact, you guys get a lot more products taht I'm sure are way better than the run of the mill Prochem and Chemspec brands that tend to fill our market.

John

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brent said:
Able you should get a Safe Connect Quick Coupler for your lead line, instead of the quick connect. They are 15 bucks online. You dont have to worrry about burning your hands or scratching floors.

I have one of those blue safe connects but I didn't like it... Maybe I'll try it again.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you could of mixed up 50% of urine stain remover and 50% of protein stain remover and sprayed it before you even set up the truck..cleaned other areas and when it came time to clean the area with the plant stain 99% of it (if not all) would of came right out.....This is one of the biggest problems I run into all the time here and the above has never let me down...For that 1% that does not come out..after you have finished the cleaning..spray it one more time with the same mixture and cover it ..and it will fade completely away.....

TimP

John Middleton said:
TimP said:

Tim, being from down under, I'm exempt from that rule due to different products etc.

Sure some products will overlap but we get stuff that you guys don't and even more so, visa versa.

In fact, you guys get a lot more products taht I'm sure are way better than the run of the mill Prochem and Chemspec brands that tend to fill our market.

John

Tannin remover is a coffee remover. I figured everyone knew that. Prochem makes a tannin remover if I'm not mistaken. Sodium metabisulfate as the actual chemical/ingrediant that comes to mind. Even prochem's yellow remover I was made aware that it was a reducer. You can look at the msds of a product and it usually tells that, but I could be wrong since I've been known to be wrong with MSDS's. Also I've been made aware that rust removers can also reducers, but probably just stronger however I've never been told or have tried them on this kind of stain. They may work with tannin, coffee, and plant stains but like I said I'm not sure.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The dark stain came out all the way after the vol.40 went back for the outer ring and hit it with tannin and all fiber rinse and put an airmover on it..

002-8.jpg

Thanks for the help,
Keith

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom