Plastic waste tank

Scott Rogers

You know Tejri (Odin) is making these too, and is a hell of a lot closer to you. He has been testing one he made for a few months now. Swing on by and take a look at the fit and finish as well as how it is holding up.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Not sure. I talked to John about building a replacement for my HM 4.7 waste tank, which is 120 gal, he told me aprox 1200 before shipping.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
tman7 said:
I am considering buying a Poly waste tanks from johnshotheatexchangers and I am wondering if anyone here has has any thoughts on the concept. Or knows anyone who has bought one?

http://www.hotheatexchangers.com/New.html

We have been using one for about 8 months...
ABSOLUTELY....the best tank in the INDUSTRY.... :!: :!: :!: :!:

Our's is hooked to a 59 blower :shock:

It has been perfect....easy to clean...holds NO odors...very easy to see waste water level..
We had John build it with 2.5 ports...The lid design is great..No air leaks... 8)

This tank was tested @ 24HG..... :shock:

S4010989.jpg

S4010988.jpg

S4010987.jpg

BUY IT..."I will NEVER own another SS or aluminum tank AGAIN..... :!:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i had one of the mytee ones before i bought a new unit....

get one of those...they were awesome

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Chris Adkins said:
Hmm, that may be just the thing for my 405.

Chis

You will never look back...You really do NOT need an APO...because you can SEE
the water level @ all times..!!! The custy can also see the DIRTY water being removed.!

You can ALSO have any accessory mounted on the tank..Uph. tool holders , battery box ,
chemical shelves...ect...ect..! The lid's have a replaceable o-ring designed into a recessed
grove in the lid.."NEVER LEAK"

They are BAFFELED very well & easy to clean...NO hair or lint will stick to the tank...Simply
rinse with a hose..!! "If you will notice...my tank is NOT even bolted down... :shock: They
are so light-weight..that there is NO stress on any of the connecting accessories....

ps John will install any size Vac. port's you desire... !gotcha!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
HARPER said:
They
are so light-weight..that there is NO stress on any of the connecting accessories....

Obviously then, you never transport your waste water. The question then becomes, can you mount the tank?

One of the main problems with plastic tanks when they first entered the market was the bolt-downs put an awful lot of stress on the mount points, leading to leaks from cracked plastic. The answer for some was to spread the mount pressure with strapped connection to the tank, rather than reliance on just the nut-insert points or base-hole bolt down. Of course this was only a problem if you transported your waste-water, which can easily be many hundreds of pounds of inertia, putting enormous potential stress on the mounting if not spread over a wide area.

What kind of mounting provisions are there for that JHheatex tank?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn Forsythe said:
HARPER said:
They

Obviously then, you never transport your waste water. The question then becomes, can you mount the tank?

One of the main problems with plastic tanks when they first entered the market was the bolt-downs put an awful lot of stress on the mount points, leading to leaks from cracked plastic. The answer for some was to spread the mount pressure with strapped connection to the tank, rather than reliance on just the nut-insert points or base-hole bolt down. Of course this was only a problem if you transported your waste-water, which can easily be many hundreds of pounds of inertia, putting enormous potential stress on the mounting if not spread over a wide area.

What kind of mounting provisions are there for that JHheatex tank?

oBvIoUsLy... :roll: :mrgreen:

John "absolutely"..demands proper installation .."If he is Installing"..!!!

John supplied me with 12in.x 1in. SS bars "pre-drilled" to attach to the bottom lips
of the tank...as per this photo...........

S4010988.jpg

If you HAVE to transport...I would suggest a CENTER tie-down strap...overlapping the middle
of the tank..ANCHORED to the truck floor... :idea: ...similar to a boat tie-down strap... :!:

Shawn, you are AWARE of the HUGE waste tank for the Prochem 805...seen below.. :arrow:

S4010990.jpg

Because we have minimal dumping restriction in my county... 8)

I NEED the addition space in the Box truck to install my Prochem 405.... !gotcha!
The 405 has a footprint "smaller" than the original 805 TANK...!

The 405 is mounted in the front of the box truck...With its own waste tank... :idea:

This TWO unit truck has been very profitably in its DESIGN..We run 3 men on this unit..!!!

HarperCarpetCleaning0102.jpg

This is the WAY of the FUTURE...of TM waste tanks..."IMHO"

PS..I am unaware of ANY other company operating this type of DUAL unit.... :shock:
Your "back-up" unit is always with you ...if you have a mechanical problem... 8)

Ryan

Harper I've always thought that set up was the sweetest I've ever seen. I just can't get over the flowery carpet lol! Was that already in there or did you put it in?

P.S. That trucks the one with the BL water pond in the back right?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Ryan said:
Harper I've always thought that set up was the sweetest I've ever seen. I just can't get over the flowery carpet lol! Was that already in there or did you put it in?

P.S. That trucks the one with the BL water pond in the back right?

This carpet..... :oops: :lol: :lol:

260.jpg

S4011076.jpg

Different truck....This one has the "Water-Pond"..........

HARPERPIC312-1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
at first i poo-paad a plastic waste tank and was gonna make fun of it.......but Harpmans post made me take a closer look....it looks solid and i GOTTA take Joes word for it's strenth........so i GOTTA say that it IS the next bext thing to Stainless......IMHO!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
at first i poo-paad a plastic waste tank and was gonna make fun of it.......but Harpmans post made me take a closer look....it looks solid and i GOTTA take Joes word for it's strenth........so i GOTTA say that it IS the next bext thing to Stainless......IMHO!

bawB...

You KNOW...I am a BIG Stainless FAN.... :!:
The only drawback to SS is the weight... :idea:
This tank is the REAL DEAL....!!!!!!

One word of CAUTION................

As in ANY fabrication...The WELDER is the KEY.. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
The material SPEAKS for its self..It takes "LOTS OF PRACTICE"...to WELD this material.!!!!

ask Terje.....This TYPE of welding requires SKILL...
I receive NO discount for talking about John's product...

When Terje..feels confident with the process... I would recommend you purchase from him...He has VERY HIGH quality standards hisowndanmself.... :!:

Ps BaWb...still working on the rAt thingy.."wink..wink"

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ps BaWb...still working on the rAt thingy.."wink..wink"
I know....i always gotta ask the boss too...........OH WAIT....yous ain't GOT no boss!!!!!
Whuds the matter wit you boy?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Harper your trucks are flippin sweet.

Thanks Dan....

Take care of your Equipment...!!!!!!!!

The PC 405 is a 1992 modle.......The PC 805 is a 2001.....Both have OVER 5000 hrs... :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom