It came with what's shown...
14266352494181621432197.jpg
14266353363821342264998.jpg
1426635423344-175178091.jpg

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
So, I buy a brush for this thing because I want to use it on carpet, Do I just remove the clutch plate from this one and put it on the new brush? Does this look like it has the same size clutch plate as the ones made now, are they all the same?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You want to actually shampoo and not bonnet? Yes you will need a brush.

I'd get a brush with a plate that fits your machine unless you know you will never need the drive block.

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Until I get a brush would either of those pads it came with help scrub the carpet?

I currently do not have anything for scrubbing with... I have an apt I am going to clean and the traffic areas are pretty bad, would this help?

Do I just give it a good spraying and then scrub it for a bit?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Until I get a brush would either of those pads it came with help scrub the carpet?
I currently do not have anything for scrubbing with... I have an apt I am going to clean and the traffic areas are pretty bad, would this help?
Do I just give it a good spraying and then scrub it for a bit?
Yes those loopy pads will work good for that.

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
I should have recorded it. I tried driving that thing in my living room. Good times. The loopy pads were a little too much grip for me to handle. I used one of the other pads and it was a little better. With the loopy pads I drove it into the couch and the wall and there was no control whatsoever. Then I put the other pads on there and it was a little better. I played with it for a few minutes and I was able to get it down pretty good. Went and used it on a house I was cleaning last night. It was about 350 Sq ft of carpet. A small living room and hallway. It seemed to do pretty good, quite the workout still but I think I am getting better at it. To drive it around I just lean it certain directions so it will pull that way. I started out trying to keep it level and push it where I wanted it to go and that was terrible. I learned to lean it certain ways to get it to go side to side or forward and back. I took and soaked the pad in water, then rung it out by hand a little. Applies prespray to the carpet and went to work.

Did I do things correctly?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I should have recorded it. I tried driving that thing in my living room. Good times. The loopy pads were a little too much grip for me to handle. I used one of the other pads and it was a little better. With the loopy pads I drove it into the couch and the wall and there was no control whatsoever.

Pads have to be damp and carpet has to have some prespray (lubricant) even if testing.

Finding your sweet-spot with the handle adjustment will help.

It should be somewhere around your package.

Reactions: Travis Sonderegger

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
For easiest control with the 175, put the handle way down, about crotch high. The further up you try to run it, the less control you will have. Eventually it will be quite easy to operate once you figure out how to balance and move it. The first few days are the hardest, but it is a necessary skill to have if you want to run any rotary.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's cool to learn new things...

But....

Why are we surprised when a customer like that- (who just witnessed a total amateur trying to manipulate his own equipment) - will never hire a professional again?
Obviously I'm not in favor of going out there and learn things on the customer's property. You should have practiced a little more in your own garage.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I give the guy a lot of credit.

This is what it takes to go to the next level. Smart buy man.

Keep at it and you will totally get used to it.

Last night I was stripping some floors in a large commercial building. I caught myself taking one hand off the handle (move cord or something). Don't recommend it, just sharing my experience.

Try a rotary extractor if you can. It will take your cleaning to a higher level still!

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
I knew the customer quite well that I was going to see. Told her I would pay to fix anything if I broke it and that the job was on me. She seemed pretty entertained and happy with things. Even gave me a little tip at the end of the day. I let her boy try running it as well ( I held on to it behind him, never actually let the handles go) she seemed to think that was pretty funny too.

So, will I get better performance out of a brush than I will one of the pads? And has anyone used a regular brush vs the adjust a brush or whatever it is called over at jon-don?

http://www.jondon.com/adjust-a-glide-brush-various-sizes.html

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Are you guys talking about the green stripe pads?

I think I've seen guys using a red pad too??

Name
Lee Stockwell
If you have a 175 rpm buffer, hopefully 1.5 hp, get a Malish drive block that allows shower feed. Add a $90 solution tank and you can rock and roll doing encapsulation. Easier in practice than our Cimex when you factor in unloading.

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom