Please welcome our newest advertiser, Cleanco-Esteam!

Mikey P

Administrator
961a6b76027c6055a65f8081c0cb70a9.jpg

carouselGMsideAquashelves.png

carousel47.png

carousel56SeatsSSChem.png

We already have a fair share of Cleanco owners here with Ludwinks being the most notorious. I'm hoping with some added publicity and discussion here, that MB can prove to be a great marketing source for these great machines.

http://www.cleanco.com/

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Great machines and great chemicals. Performance CBS is an outstanding emulsifier cleaner.

Reactions: Shorty

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've used their chems for going on 20yrs. Very good chemistry. The Cleanco chemistry is top quality and good dilution.

Quite reliable trucks. I've been using my friends 4.7 for the past 6mths while I've been putting mine together. Its worked quite well and provides good heat even with high flow.
The only things I didn't like about it, and it might not be on all of them, or maybe they have fixed the issues, but they need a better silencer on the blower, I need ear plugs working close to it. The blower sets up a really loud resonance.
The clutch needs to be stronger as well as the recovery tank. We had to tune the vac relief down to 13"Hg, which meant the wand is working at 11-12". The clutch won't take any more and the tank flexes too much.
Other than that, its run great for my friend for the past 6yrs. Very reliable. Just needs a few tweaks.

Reactions: hogjowl and Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Welcome aboard Cleanco-Esteam.

Also thank you to Ron for posting his honest comments regarding the machine.

Some will disagree, but I firmly believe that constructive comments like this are good for both the manufacturer and the end user.

Coming from an experienced operator, it gives an insight to the manufacturer that they cannot see in their design models, and this then gives them a golden opportunity to rectify these problems.

Kudos to those that care for their equipment and cleaning/restoration products.

I have seem some that merely stick their head in the sand and refuse point blank to address any issues.

:yoda:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I did talk to someone at Cleanco in Calgary, or Edmonton, wherever they are. He said to close off the vac hose about 3/4's then adjust the relief till the guage read 14inches.
Almost caved the recovery tank and the engine started acting funny. We had to tune it back down to 13in. Sure worked well at 14.
Its got all the heat I'd need. Can't fault it there. Pretty fast heat too.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I did talk to someone at Cleanco in Calgary, or Edmonton, wherever they are. He said to close off the vac hose about 3/4's then adjust the relief till the guage read 14inches.
Almost caved the recovery tank and the engine started acting funny. We had to tune it back down to 13in. Sure worked well at 14.
Its got all the heat I'd need. Can't fault it there. Pretty fast heat too.

How old is that unit Ron?

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Ron,

What size machine are you using 47 or 56?
What flow and pressure?
What temps are you maintaining while cleaning carpets and tile/grout?

Thanks,
Bill

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I'm told at my local supplier their extraction powder has been around for a long time; I'm into my first 6lb jar. It's been every bit as effective as ChemSpec High Heat and you get an additional 1lb of product for the same money over the ChemSpec.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The unit is a 47, I believe it was built in 2006 or 2007.
Using a 15 flow Greenhorn at 500psi it usually maintains about 190-200. The tile tool has more pressure but less flow (2x 02jets) and I haven't really used the tile tool with it. The hydrokinetic uph tool really gets hot!
I've often wondered if the tools heat up more, ie the uph tool and the pipe on the wand, because the vacuum isn't moving enough air and the water is on the pipe more. I've run 200+ through my wand before with my truck which has awesome airflow and the tools never feel that hot.
Which reminds me, at that water flow, we would go through the fresh water . We started using one of the Ti wands from Cal tools and it had 10flow, that made the fresh water last longer. There's only a 100gal tank on the truck and 15flow ate through that pretty quick.

so the list of tweaks I'd do to my friends Cleanco is:
rig for 2.5" hose, ie the inlet
better blower silencer
stronger recovery tank
stronger clutch to handle 14-15in Hg
carry more water, an extra 50 at min

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I spoke to Jimmy today and he too would like a stronger waste tank and a stronger clutch.

Reactions: Ron Werner

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
A proven company with a great history.

Best to the Company and their happy operators.
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom